Columbian Spring is located in the heart of Saratoga Springs near Congress Street at Broadway Avenue.
Columbian Springs was discovered in 1803 by Gideon Putnam while clearing land around Congress Park. Purchased by John Clark in 1823, he constructed a Grecian pavillion over it in 1840.
The City and Historical Society rebuilt the structure in 1981.
Presently the water flows here from Loughberry Lake, the City's water supply.
-- Information found on the sign next to Columbian Spring