- Seek true satisfaction. Enjoy genuine flavors, rather than fat, sugar, and salt added to mask the metallic taste of chemical additives.
- Read labels wisely. You can find food with "real" ingredients in the supermarket if you read labels carefully.
- Relish what's on your plate. Devote time solely to enjoying the pleasures of eating.
- Wean yourself off excess salt, fat, and sugar. You can also cook with smaller amounts of these ingredients by using natural substitutes like strong spices.
- Give your palate time to change. You'll gradually lose your taste for excessively sweet and salty foods.
- Go for high-quality foods. Look for products that contain the least amount of processed ingredients.
- Treat yourself well by not skipping meals. Try eating three meals a day at fairly regular times, plus a mid-afternoon snack.
One thing to remember when trying to eat healthy foods, REAL food is alive and DIES! Sounds odd but all real food is vibrant with life when fresh. Over time it wilts, spoils, sours, etc... That is because it was once alive. Real food will not last forever in a can, bag, box, or vacuumed sealed. Strive to add more real food in your diet while removing fake food. Do this and watch your weight go down and your health go up! Be well in 2011!