The information you are viewing for this event is from 2013.
Please check back for updates.
SPAC Battle of the Bands In Saratoga Springs NY
Event has passed. Watch this page for updates.
The Spa Little Theater, Saratoga Springs, NY
On May 24, 10 bands will compete to win the annual SPAC Battle of the Bands!
The Battle of the Bands is a friendly competition open to all bands (all applications due by May 2nd, 2013) which takes place at the Spa Little Theatre in Spa State Park.
The following 10 finalists have been selected via an online voting system and will perform in front of a live audience and a celebrity judge panel:
- Jes Hudak, runner-up on Bravo’s television show “Platinum Hit”, a songwriting competition that featured former American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi. Hudak was also named one of Music Connection Magazine’s Hot 100 Unsigned Artists.
- A Little More Us, the upstate NY pop, rock and roll group is fresh off their debut release of “American Loser.”
- Call Security, voted in by public demand, the young alternative rock group is based out of Hobart and William Smith colleges.
- Ghosts on 33rd, combining emotion with a heavy melody, the band strives to connect to their fans through their lyrics. Currently the band is working on their first E.P.
- Rites of Ash, the electronic pop/hard rock outfit combines countless influences including Nine Inch Nails, Linkin Park, RedOne and Lady Gaga, resulting in a unique sound. The group has begun working with Grammy-winning producer Jeff Bova on a new album, set for release in 2013.
- The Lucky Jukebox Brigade, hailing from Albany, NY the gypsy rock orchestra band features a 3 piece horn section, bass, drums, and percussion.
- The Margo Macero Project, returning to SPAC’s Battle of the Bands, Margo Macero recorded her first E.P. “It Is What It Is,” and now leads her musical career fusing rock, blues and soul.
- The Racer, self-proclaimed as an incarnation of the modern independent band – the group mixes its creativity and pop sensibility equally with determination and kinetic energy.
- This Renaissance, combining inspiration from bands like Story of the Year, Sleeping With Sirens, Mayday Parade and Go Radio, This Renaissance combines power driven rock with catchy melodies, pop sensibilities and hints of the unexpected.
- VONTUS, the alternative rock trio attributes their sound to influences such as Kings of Leon, John Mayer, Dave Matthews Band, Black Keys, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Neon Trees.
This year’s judges are: Richard Pawelczyk of NYC’s Webster Hall, Donna Eichmeyer of Live Nation, and Greg Haymes Nippertown.com editor and musician.
New this year: two winners will be announced; a selection made by the celebrity judges and the audience favorite.
The judges’ selection will win the opportunity to play on one of Webster Hall’s stages, 25 hours of studio time at The Recording Company, airplay on northeast radio station WEQX, and custom t-shirts and stickers by Saratoga Statement; the audience favorite will have the opportunity to perform at SPAC before an event.
Other features of the event include:
- Wood-fired pizza, and gourmet sliders available via onsite concession by Mazzone Hospitality
- Outside beer garden for patrons over 21
- Battle of the Bands official “After Party” at Putnam Den