The information you are viewing for this event is from 2015.
Please check back for updates.
Chowderfest 2015 in Saratoga Springs, NY
Event has passed. Watch this page for updates.
Participating Restaurants in Saratoga, New York
Get Ready For Chowderfest 2015!
This annual favorite is coming back to Saratoga for the 17th year on January 31 from 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM!
Part of Winterfest, Chowderfest is the perfect activity for a cold winter's day. Stroll through downtown Saratoga and purchase a $1 cup (3 oz. serving) of chowder from as many participating establishments as you'd like! Some restaurants will be offering classic varieities, while some may be serving original, unique concoctions! After you've enjoyed sample after sample of delicious, warm chowders, vote for your favorite! Prizes will be awarded in many categories, including People's Choice, Best On Broadway, Best Newcomer, and Most Chowder Served.
When you turn your completed ballot in at the Saratoga Springs City Center or the Saratoga Springs Visitor's Center, you'll have the opportunity to purchase a commemorative long-sleeved t-shirt for $10!
Have a furry friend you'd like to bring along? For the 5th uear in a row, bring your 4-legged friend along to The Doggie Chow-Down! The Chow Down will take place at 1:00 PM in the Saratoga Downtowner parking lot and will feature dog-friendly chowders from the following local retailers:
Impressions of Saratoga - Serving Dog Chowder
Lazy Dog Cookie Company - Serving in front of Stinky Dog
Milton Manor Pet Spa & Resort - Serving Dog Chowder in front of Fingerpaint
Mini Me Pups Pet Boutique - Chowder TBA
- Free Shuttles will be available from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Upstate Transit Shuttles will run from the Wilton Mall at Saratoga at the park & ride near Dick's Sporting Goods store to the post office downtown
- Upstate Transit Shuttles will run from the Saratoga Casino and Raceway in front of the Hall of Fame building off of Jefferson to Congress Park
The Giddy Up Bus
- The bus will pick up passengers at 10:15am from the Albany Marriot and 10:30am at Kohl's in Clifton Park. The bus will leave Saratoga to drop off passengers at 4:30pm. For more information, go to www.giddyupbus.com
Street closings on January 31, 2015 from 11:00am until 4:00pm:
- Top of Caroline Street from Broadway to Putnam Street
- The bottom of Caroline Street from Putnam to Henry Street
- Bottom half of Phila Street from Putnam to Henry Street
- Henry Street closed from Caroline to Lake Avenue
- Ellsworth Jones Place next to the City Center is closer