Discover how you can be environmentally friendly in Saratoga! Reduce, reuse, recycle with these easy steps.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Reduce - find ways to limit the amount and toxicity of trash you discard.
Let's look at a few small efforts you can make toward reducing waste on a daily basis:
- Use a “buy less, borrow more” philosophy
- Use cloth napkins rather than paper
- Use your coffee mug instead of disposable cups
- Donate your unwanted clothes rather than tossing them
- Send your nonworking cell phone to be refurbished
Reuse simply means finding new ways to use containers and products you would otherwise throw out. Discover these easy ways to reuse some of the products you use every day:
- Trade or pass along magazines to others
- Refill your printer's ink cartridges
- Buy refillable ballpoint pens and mechanical pencils
- Refurbish old furniture rather than buying new
Recycle. The goal is to be able to recycle everything that you can’t reuse.
Plus - by buying products made from recycled products, you will complete the circle. Here's a look at some items to recycle:
- Glass bottles and jars
- Aluminum cans and products
- Paper and cardboard
- Home appliances
Follow these environmentally friendly pratices for a healthier local environment. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle in Saratoga!
Discover the many benefits of recycling, and recruit your friends and family to be environmentally friendly!
- saves energy
- keep resources available for future generation
- creates jobs
- means a new landfill doesn’t get built anytime soon
- reduces the emissions of greenhouse gases and water pollutants