Recycling in Saratoga Springs NY is an important part of helping the environment in Spa City. Saratoga County makes it easy for you to recycle (even making it a law for residents to recycle certain materials). Here are helpful answers to some frequently asked questions.
Where can I bring my recyclables within Saratoga County?
Centers are conveniently located throughout the County:
- Wiebel Ave, Saratoga Springs (Mon-Sat 7:55am-3:55pm)
- Heath Road, Corinth (Tues-Sat 8am-4pm)
- Vishers Ferry Road, Clifton Park (Tues-Sat 8am-4pm, Tues til 6pm)
- County Farm Road, Milton (Tues-Sat 8am-4pm)
- Butler Road, Moreau (Mon-Sat 7:30am-3:55pm)
What can I recycle?
Many items you use everyday are recyclable in Saratoga County. Some of the more popular items are:
- paper books
- clear glass and plastic bottles with logos 1, 2, or 3 on the bottom
- tin cans
- glass jars
- bulk or white metals such as household appliances (stoves, hot water heaters, furnaces, washers, dryers)
- scrap metals
Take note that under Saratoga County's Mandatory Recycling Law, newspapers, plastic bottles, glass bottles & jars and metal cans must be recycled.
Can someone just pick-up my recyclables?
Absolutely (for a price of course). There are private contractors within Saratoga County who will collect your recyclables on a regular basis.
Do I need to separate my recyclables?
If you are bringing recyclables to a Saratoga County Center, you will need to separate them to put in the correct bins at the Center. If you are using a private contractor, it is up to them but most require that the recyclables be separated before pick-up.
What if I have more questions?
You can call 1-866-reuse-it (1-866-738-7348). That's the Saratoga County Recycling Information Line. They can answer all your questions and provided any other information.