Plan your trip to Saratoga! Whether you are coming from across the country or taking a road trip to Upstate New York from NYC, it is always a good idea to plan your trip ahead of time - read on for our favorite travel tips.
Prep: Book Early
- Decide what lodging best suits your wants and needs. Looking for a quiet, intimate retreat with uniquely decorated guest rooms? Check out Saratoga bed and breakfasts. Looking for a spot that offers countless amenities, recreation, and maybe even a spa? A resort may be the answer. Interested in avoiding going out to eat every night? A vacation rental or extended stay hotel would be your best bet. Traveling in an RV or just want to be in tune with nature? Upstate New York has a handful of RV resorts and campgrounds that offer an array of amenities, from basic to luxury. Interested in being close to all the action? Saratoga hotels or motels that are close to downtown may be the best option.
Remember, once you have found where you want to stay, make sure to book a room in advance. You can also make your room reservations right on Saratoga.com - Best Rates Guaranteed!
- Look for hotel deals, specials and coupons. Many Saratoga hotels, motels, resorts and inns team up with local restaurants and spas to offer special packages and coupons. Check out our HOT DEALS page to see the specials available during the time you are planning on traveling to the Spa City.
- Find out what's happening. Now that you have booked your lodging, it's time to start planning your trip. Check Saratoga.com's local events calendar before you go on your trip to see what will be going on. Maybe there is a concert at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center that is playing when you are in town.
- Read Restaurant reviews. Let's face it. One of the best parts of going on vacation is eating! Search the dining establishments and read Saratoga restaurant reviews before leaving to be best prepared. If you are traveling to Saratoga Springs during peak summertime months, make sure to make your restaurant reservations in advance to ensure getting a table.
- Line up services in advance. Once you know the dates of your vacation, contact your house sitter and/or kennel to make sure they have availability.
- Put a stop on postal mail and newspapers for the duration of your trip. You can also ask a family member or trusted friend to pick up your mail and paper.
1 | 2 | 3 Next >>
Love Saratoga Springs, NY? Get the latest deals, news, events, reviews, contests and articles for Everything Saratoga! Sign up for our Newsletter!