|Photo Credit: Kaboose.com|
Help the kids create a Mother's Day craft for Mom! Making this creative photo flower bouquet together is a great way to bond, build anticipation and encourage the spirit of giving with your children. They will feel proud presenting Mom with a handmade present they created!
What You Will Need
- Paper For Flowers (options below)
- Construction paper
- Patterned paper
- Scrapbook paper
- Custom decorated paper (by your children, of course)
- Flower Stems (options below)
- Pipe Cleaners
- Popsicle Sticks
- Glitter and markers (optional)
How To Make It
- Cut the faces out of the photos you want to use for the center of each flower.
- Using a pencil, draw the shape of a flower on the paper.
- Tip: Use a flower-shaped cookie cutter to trace.
- Tip: Use a piece of cardboard as a template to trace for each flower.
- Cut the flower out along the pencil outline.
- Glue the photo center onto the flower.
- Place the flower cutout on a different patterned paper and using the pencil, trace a slightly larger outline.
- Cut the larger flower shape along the pencil outline.
- Glue the two cutouts together.
- Tip: This should now resemble a flower with a patterned edge around it (as shown in photo above).
- Finally tape the stem to the back of the flower.
- Decorate with glitter and a special message for Mom.
- Arrange photo flower bouquet in a decorative vase.
See our Top 10 Picks for real flower bouquets »
Back to Saratoga Mother's Day Guide »