Find all things chocolate at The Candy Co. in downtown Saratoga Springs. Offering unique items like Saratoga and Holiday-themed candy, as well as popular favorites, they have your sweet tooth covered! Read our 10 Questions Interview with Dawn Oesch, owner of the Candy Co.
- How long have you been in business in Saratoga?
My 12th year of business started on July 1.
- What is your favorite part about working in Saratoga?
This town is amazing. I love every part of it.
- What kinds of candy do you sell, and what is the most popular?
You name it! We have lots of homemade candy and nostalgic items too.
The most popular items are dark almond bark, Swedish fish and fudge.
- What specific types of candy do you sell that is unique to the Saratoga region?
We sell horse apples, chocolate covered potato chips, spring water taffy, and chocolate horses
- Personally, what is your favorite kind of candy?
Licorice, any kind!
- What makes The Candy Company unique from other local candy shops?
We have a real hometown feel. Our customers are locals mostly and then we have the great tourists that come back to visit every year.
- As the holidays are approaching, what special products/promotions will you have available?
We will be selling lots of fun baskets, tins and specialized candy.
- What is your secret to making the perfect candy?
Timing and patience.
- What is the best part of your job?
Meeting new people.
Is there anything else you would like us to know about The Candy Company?
Come in and visit, we have lots of fun items and no one ever goes away grumpy!