Start Planning NOW For Your Saratoga Springs, NY Prom!
It is that time of year and all you are thinking about is prom! So, lets make sure the only thing you are thinking about on prom night is how beautiful you look and how much fun you’re having. In order for you to achieve this, a little prom planning beforehand might be necessary- believe me, try not to leave anything to the last minute!
Follow the timeline below to accomplish that prom perfection!
What To Wear Timeline
5 Months Before Prom:
- Start looking in magazines and online for styles and colors. (Make sure to mark your favorites!)
4 Months Before Prom:
- Look over your saved favorite dresses.
- This will save you time while shopping. (You already know what you are looking for)
3 Months Before Prom:
- Time to go shopping!
- Go to local dress shops, department stores, second hand shops and the internet to find your perfect dress.
- Make sure to try on your dress! Your favorite style in the magazine might not be that perfect fit and that color might not work for your skin type.
- If you have found that perfect dress that makes you feel beautiful and confident, buy it!
2 Months Before Prom:
- If your dress is too big or is too long, you may want to get alterations. Most dress stores might offer it when you buy it. If not, just bring it to your local tailor.
1 Month Before Prom:
- Try on your dress again and make sure everything is perfect for your special night.
- Buy all the accessories.
MORE To Read:
Transportation Timeline | Makeup Timeline | Prom Hairstyles | Dancing Tips | Prom Venues | After Prom Plans
Check out our 2013 prom checklist to see what accessories you might need!
« Back to the 2013 Saratoga Prom Guide
Remember to be safe and have fun on prom night!