Coolors, Wine & More Food & Drink Tips For Track
||Plan ahead with these food and drink tips for the Saratoga Race Course.
Breakfast at the Track is available each morning from 7am - 9:30am on the Porch of the Clubhouse with the horses running their morning workouts and tours running throughout the morning.
Coolers are allowed at the Saratoga Race Course in the backyard, apron and Top of the Stretch areas, so feel free to pack up some sandwiches, snacks and plenty to drink for a long, hot day in the sun. (Coolers are subject to search by NYRA).
Glass is prohibited, so you'll want to transfer any drinks or condiments into plastic containers to take along. Wine and other alcoholic beverages are welcomed at the Saratoga Race Course, but not their glass containers! You can find Saratoga Race Track wine toting tips here.
Restaurant Row is a fan-favorite at the Saratoga Race Track. It is located in the courtyard of the track and features options off the menus of some favorite Saratoga restaurants.
Full-service dining options at the Track include...
- Turf Terrace Dining Room - 3rd & 4th floor of the Clubhouse
- Club Terrace - Appetizers, salads and sandwiches - 2nd floor of the Clubhouse (behind box seats)
- At The Rail Pavilion - Upscale, air-conditioned dining buffet - Trackside on the Clubhouse turn
- The Carousel Restaurant - Relaxed dining featuring a la carte menu - 2nd floor of the Clubhouse
- The Porch - Casual dining featuring a la carte menu - Track level of the Clubhouse
- Luxury Suites - Upscale cuisine and a full bar service - On the Clubhouse turn
- Blue Smoke and Shake Shack (Both new for 2010!) - NYRA has partnered with Union Square Hospitality Group and is presenting two new restaurants on the grounds of the Saratoga Race Track where the Paddock Tent previously was. Both restaurants are based out of New York City and provide an upscale dining and bar atmosphere.
For dress code information for the above named dining options, call NYRA at (518) 587-5070. You can also buy food from dozens of vendors selling hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, chicken, ice cream, italian ice and many other goodies. Just make sure to bring enough cash because even a water can cost over $5.00 at the track!
For restaurant reservations call the new toll free number at (888) 516-NYRA.
In addition to traditional restaurants and full-service bars, racegoers can also visit dozens of unique food and drink vendors throughout the grounds.
These vendors include:
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream
- Boardwalk Specials
- Box Fritters
- Chowder Bar
- Doc Popcorn
- Dunkin' Donuts
- Duo Japanese
- El Verano Taqueria
- Fourstardave Burgers
- Grasso's Italian Ice
- Hattle's Chicken Shack
- Kona Ice
- Lobster Hut
- Mac Truck
- Mike's Hard Lemonade
- Moe's Southwest Grill
- Pies on Wheels
- Putnam Market
- Sabrett Hot Dogs
- Shake Shack
- Shirley's Poutline
- The Old Daley Inn
- Wandering Dago
<< Go back to Saratoga Racing Season Guide
For more Saratoga Race Course information, visit SaratogaRaceTrack.com or the NYRA website.