On tap for this week? Celebrating 30 years with the Prevention Council, meeting up with some moms at Virgil's for Breastfeeding Cafe, two very informative events at the library for parents and an opportunity to have fun while checking out some great art at the National Museum of Dance. Find your babysitter, make some plans and have some fun!
1. On Tuesday, March 20th from 3:30 to 6:00 PM join the Prevention Council as they celebrate their 30th year of prevention services in Saratoga County! There'll be birthday cake, hors d'oeuvres catered by Black Diamond, and the unveiling of a brand new logo. Be the first to see their new look as they continue to evolve and address the new and changing needs of adolescents, teens, and families. Prevention Council Offices are at 36 Phila Street, Saratoga Springs. For More Information Call: 518-581-1230.
2. Breastfeeding Café will be at Virgil's House - 86 Henry Street, Saratoga Springs on Tuesday, March 20th from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Check out this free and informational gathering for Past, Present and Future Breastfeeding Moms.
3. Thinking about taking the cloth diapering plunge? Then check out Cloth Diapering 101 on Wednesday, March 21st from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM at the Saratoga Springs Public Library. Admission is free, facilitated by Mamatoga favorite Vikki Casey-Ahmed of Sonrise Diaper Service. An introduction to the "Thoroughly Modern Millie" world of cloth diapering options. Location: Glasby Room. Register in the Children's Room or by calling 584-7860 opt. 3.
4. Also at the Saratoga Library on Wednesday from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM Check out How to Pay for College Without Going Broke. Pierce Mahar of Educational Funding Specialists explains how to make college affordable by developing a financial plan, increasing tax deductions, maximizing financial aid and negotiating awards. Register in the Children's Room or by calling 584-7860, opt 3.
5. On Saturday, March 24th from 7:00 PM to 11:45 PM check out Contemporary Collective at the National Museum of Dance. This event puts emphasis on the different, the avant-garde, the underground, the affordable, the up-and-coming, the new twist, and the everything-in-between. 2D, 3D, Mixed Media, Performance, Sound, Participatory Art, and of course DANCE works are all welcome. Beer by Harpoon. Hot dance party by DJ Dragonette. Food by Orapellos Wood Fired Pizza. This is an 18+ event. $5 Admission includes beer for those over 21. For More Information Call: 518-584-2225 x3001.