This week your little ones can get their hands dirty, learn about a new letter, experience some opera and create their own works of art!
1. On Monday, March 5th stop by The Wonder Room in Ballston Lake. Drop in play will be from 9am-2pm and their creative art studio will be open all day. It’s MESSY MONDAY so be ready to get your hands dirty! Contact them at 518-602-0237 for more information.
2. Join them at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga for Alphabet Soup on Wednesday, March 7th from 10:30 – 11:00 am. Starting with the letter A, each week kids will learn a new letter of the alphabet through crafts, games, stories, songs and more. This multidimensional language experience is a fun way to reinforce early literacy in preschoolers!
3. On Friday, March 9th at 11am get ready to get your hands dirty at Saratoga State Park with their class: Vermicomposting – Composting With Worms. Are you interested in composting your kitchen scraps but don’t want to deal with the hassle of a backyard compost pile? This class will focus on small-scale, indoor/outdoor composting using worms for individuals and families. They will talk about what foods are compostable, how to set up a vermicomposting bin, and how to maintain it. All ages welcome. Registration is required. Fee is $3 per person or $5 per family. Please call 518-584-2000 Ext. 150 to register.
4. On Saturday, March 10th at the Saratoga Springs Public Library they will have “Little Red’s Most Unusual Day”, an operatic version of the story of “Little Red Riding Hood” based on opera music by J. Offenbach and G. Rossini. In this retelling, Forest Ranger Dudley is too shy to ask Little Red’s mom, the widow Hood, to the Forest Ranger Ball. Appropriate for all ages, space is limited. Starts at 11am. For more information call them at 584-7860 opt. 3.
5. Also on Saturday check out the Saturday Morning Workshops for kids aged 6-14 at The Hyde Collection in Glens Falls. From 10:30am to noon, kids can learn about the Artist of the Week: Seurat. Kids will see a French artist’s work and will make an inspired work of art in the Art Studio. For More Information Call: 518-792-1761.