This week we have some "artfull" play, wiggling and giggling, language learning and two fun ways to celebrate St. Patrick's Day for little ones!
1. Artfull Afternoons are on Wednesdays during the school year for children ages 6-12 with adult chaperone at The Hyde Collection in Glens Falls. Drop-in between 1:30-4:30PM, each week children are invited to learn about a specific artist, work of art, or style from the Museum's permanent collection. Children will explore a variety of artistic mediums as they create their own Hyde-inspired masterpiece!
2. On Thursday from 4:30-5:30 head to the Saratoga Springs Public Library for Hola La! In "Pepa en el invierno/Pepa in the winter," Pepa has a snow day! She wakes up in her house, gets her winter clothes on and plays outside in the snow with her friend "Manolo" the snowman! Pepa and Manolo will have fun on Pepa's snow day playing winter sports, building an igloo, and enjoying hot chocolate by a cozy fire! Practical language will be incorporated throughout the session, which can easily be reinforced at home. For children in grades K-2. Program meets March 1, 8, 15 and 22. Contact them at 584-7860 for more information.
3. On Friday from 10 - 11:30am check out Wiggle and Giggle at The Children's Museum at Saratoga! A special time for younger children to learn what they can do with their bodies through structured group activities and guided free play; kids can crawl through tunnels, walk the balance beam, roll bolls, toss bean bags, and make music with all kinds of instruments. This is a great opportunity to meet new friends and get some exercise!
4. Also on Friday from 9:45 AM-11:15 AM it is Homeschool Friday: Celtic Art at go! where children discover the world at 89 Warren Street in Glens Falls. Join artist Kimberly Leahey to explore the Celtic Art, just in time for St. Patrick's Day! Call 518-793-2773 for details and registration. Cost: $5 museum admission plus $5 program fee; Ages 5-12. Registration required by March 14
5. On Saturday, March 17th at 11am head to Saratoga Spa State Park for their St. Patrick's Day "Leprechaun's Gold" Treasure Hunt. Celebrate St. Patrick's Day and embark on an old fashioned map and compass treasure hunt for a sneaky leprechaun's hidden pot of gold. Children will learn the four cardinal directions and how to use a compass. Each participant will receive part of the hidden "gold" and have the chance to make an Irish-themed craft at the end. Recommended for children aged 5-10. Registration is required. Fee is $3 per person or $5 per family. Please call 518-584-2000 Ext. 150 to register.