Some great ways to celebrate Earth Day, a Mad Hatter Tea Party and more is on tap for the kids this week, check it out!
1. On Wednesday, April 18th at 11am head to Saratoga Spa State Park for an Earth Day Scavenger Hunt! Spend the morning outdoors enjoying nature while going on a plant and animal themed scavenger hunt. Participants will receive a check list of items to find and then work as a team to find everything on the list. Once the scavenger hunt is complete participants are invited to make an Earth Day craft. Appropriate for ages 5-8. Fee is $3 per person or $5 per family. Registration: Required. Call (518) 584-2000 ext 150 for more information.
2. It is Homeschool Friday at go! where children discover the world on Friday, April 20th. This week will be Recycled Bottlecap Mosaics. Cost: $5 museum admission plus $5 program fee; Ages 5-12 Registration required by April 18th. Join artist Kimberly Leahey to celebrate Earth Day by making mosaics from recycled bottlecaps! Call 518-793-2773 for details and registration.
3. On Saturday, April 21st from 1-4pm you're invited to a Mad Hatter Tea Party celebrating the Grand Opening of Anastasia Photography's new Boutique Studio in Saratoga Springs. Anastasia Photography specializes in children, family and newborn photography. Light refreshments, entertainment for the kiddos, session giveaways and specials! Stop on by to meet Anastasia and see the new studio! For More Information Call: 518-852-6034
4. Also on Saturday celebrate Earth Day at Skidmore! Starting at noon head to the Case Green at Skidmore for the Environmental Action Club's Earth Day Celebration. There will be free food, good music, and lots of tables - with activities including tie dye, henna, potting of plants, and more!
5. Another fun way to celebrate Earth Day is at the Children's Museum at Saratoga. From 2 - 3:30pm head to the Museum and make a pet rock. They will provide supplies to make your new friend and all you have to do is bring a special rock to decorate! Call 518-584-5540 for more information.