We’ve got some jazz, opera, one of the most fun benefits of the summer season and a delicious Zinfandel dinner, check it all out here!
1. On Tuesday, June 26th head to Skidmore’s Arthur Zankel Music Center for the Skidmore Jazz Institute: Terence Blanchard Quintet performance starting at 8pm. Grammy Award-winning composer and trumpeter Terence Blanchard leads this quintet featuring Brice Winston (tenor saxophone), Fabian Almazan (piano), Joshua Crumbly (bass), and Kendrick Scott (drums).
2. This Thursday, June 28th enjoy The Wishing Well’s BBQ & Zinfandel Dinner starting at 7pm. A rare opportunity to taste several Zinfandels from California’s iconic Turley Vineyards. Try dishes like Trio of Worcestershire Pepper Beef Short Rib / Dry Spice Rubbed Pork Ribs / Smoked Angus Brisket / Southern Baked Beans / Grilled Jumbo Asparagus. Tickets are $75 per person, call 518-584-7640 to make a reservation.
3. The Double H Ranch will hold their 21st Annual Gala on June 29, 2012 at Six Flag’s Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom. This evening is the Double H’s largest fundraising endeavor. The evening will include cocktails, silent auction, plated dinner catered by the Glen Sanders Mansion and a brief program to include Special Camper Sponsorship Appeal and live auction. There will be a special performance by Manhattan Transfer and the announcement of the Chuckwagon Challenge Winner. Afterwards ride the Great Escape Rides and enjoy snacks in the park! Tickets: $150 Per Person / Honorary: $250 Per Person / Junior: $100 Per Person / Young Adult: $75 Per Person / Child: $40 Per Child. For More Information Call: 518-696-5921 ext. 228.
4. On Saturday, June 30th the popular Saratoga Opera Ball combines fine dining, live music, dancing, and guest operatic performances along with live/silent auctions to benefit Opera Saratoga. Join them for this important kickoff to the Saratoga social and opera festival seasons. At the Saratoga Hilton starting at 7pm. Cost: $150-$250. For More information call 518-584-6018.
5. Also on Saturday is the 35th annual Saratoga Freihofer’s Jazz Festival at SPAC! The best way to start your summer with 2 stages, 20 plus artists, green grass and cool jazz – it’s all about the hang.
Over 20 world-class jazz artists will take the stage at SPAC this year, inlcuding:
• Diana Krall
• Chris Botti
• Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
• Esperanza Spalding “Radio Music Society”
• Hiromi Trio Project
• Maceo Parker
• and more
Bring all the food and drink with you that you would like! Jazz Festival is a BYOB event and a great opportunity to enjoy a picnic on the SPAC lawn with friends and family. Or enjoy a Southern-style BBQ with all your classic cuisine. Gates open for the festival at 10 am, but people start lining up long before then (we’re talking 6 am or earlier) to get a prime spot. If you don’t want to stand in line all morning, just throw some binoculars into your bag, and you’re good to go.
The big-name acts at the Saratoga Jazz Festival perform all day long on the main stage (SPAC amphitheatre), and the Gazebo usually features up and coming jazz artists, with performances trailing off in early evening. Ticket holders can enter at either the main SPAC gate or Hall of Springs gate. Tickets cost $45 for lawn, and up to $75 for amphitheatre seating. For More Information Call: (518) 584-9330