I just love the stuff on offer this week for kid friendly activities! Some creative writing, creative movement, a great family band, a chance to get a full farm tour and attend a farm potluck and a fab family event at Saratoga Winery!
1. This Tuesday, June 26th starts the Summer Creative Writing Classes for grades 1 to 3 at East Line Books. You’re never too young to start writing! In this relaxed, encouraging environment young writers will turn out some great creative work and enjoy every minute of it. Camp is held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays every week from June 25th-August 27th EXCEPT for the weeks of July 16, July 23 & August 13. sign up for as few or as many weeks as you like! Cost: $50 per week, half price for siblings. For More Information Call: 518-371-4151.
2. Also on Tuesday is the Farm Tour, Open House and Potluck Dinner at Pleasant Valley Farm. They will be hosting a special event on their farm located at 118 South Valley Road in Argyle. There will be a full farm tour from 3PM to 6PM with a pot-luck dinner/networking time following at 6PM. Come wander around the 60 acre farm that has 6 acres of over 35 diverse vegetables and 1 acre of fruits anytime from 3PM to 8PM, or join Paul in the full tour starting at 3PM. All ages are welcome! Handicapped folks can be accommodated but no pets please! For more information, contact them directly at (518) 638-6501.
3. On Thursday, June 28th from 1-2pm head to the Saratoga Springs Public Library Parent’s Choice award winner, the Bari Koral Family Rock band will kick off their Summer Reading Program with two fun-filled musical performances! The first show begins at 11:00 a.m. and the second at 1:00 p.m. Dubbed the “IT girl” in kids/family music by New York Magazine and the “Sheryl Crow for kids” by the New York Post, Bari’s songs are a huge hit with children and adults. Her catchy, pop friendly tunes, interactive live shows and heavy rotation radio play have gained the band literally thousands of young (and not so young!) fans. Their latest album Rock and Roll Garden won the Nappa Gold and Parents’Choice Award and was picked as top 10 kids album of the year by Time Out Kids. Free tickets available. Limited of 10 tickets per person. For all ages. For More Information Call: 518 584 7860.
4. On Friday, June 29th from 10-11:30am is Wiggle and Giggle at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. This is a special time for younger children to learn what they can do with their bodies through structured group activities and guided free play. Together, caretakers and the museum foster the physical development of children in a social and creative environment. Kids can crawl through tunnels, walk the balance beam, roll balls, toss bean bags, and make music with all kinds of instruments. This is a great time to meet new friends and get some exercise!
5. The Saratoga Winery and Grill 64 present Summer Kick Off & Burger Bash! Start your summer the right way – with wine and burgers – at the Saratoga Winery on Saturday June 30th from 12pm – 5pm! The event is FREE to attend and will feature live music by Seth Warden and Ray Murray & The Bomb Squad, wine slushies, giveaways, outdoor games & more! You can purchase All You Can Eat food tickets for: $25 – Adults, $15 – Under 21 (food only), and kids 6 & Under are FREE! The food tickets will be essential for the 4 Gourmet Burger Stations that will be paired with Hand Crafted Wines! You can vote for your favorite to help crown the Best Burger of 2012!