Fireworks, Fishbone, a built-in sitter date night opportunity, Opera and more! There are so many great opportunities this week to relax and unwind.
1. Kick off the Independence Day celebrations early with the Independence Day Celebration at Saratoga Casino and Raceway starting Tuesday, July 3rd! A special evening of live harness racing will begin at 5 p.m. and fireworks will begin at 9:15. Post-fireworks entertainment will be available in Vapor night Club featuring DVDJ Biggie, with no cover charge.
2. Thursday, July 5th has some fantastic live music for you at Putnam Den with Fishone and Paranoid Social Club. With a career spanning over three decades and a sound both eclectic and original, Fishbone proudly bring their raucous and energetic live show to the stage of the Putnam Den. Formed in 1979, Fishbone play a wild mix of ska, punk, funk, and metal that is instantly recognizable and entertaining. Joining Fishbone is Portland, Maine’s Paranoid Social club. Fusing together elements of punk, rock, and pschedelia, these New Englanders bring an always impassioned performance that is hard to forget. For More Information Call: (518) 584-8066. Starting at 8:30pm, cost is $12.
3. This Friday, July 6th is Movie Night at Abigail’s Tea & Tiara’s! Need a night out? Want a Date Night? Would you love a night out with the girls? Well, here you go… Drop off your child and go explore the wonderful town of Ballston Spa. While you are enjoying grown up talk your child will be enjoying the American Girl Movie KIT. Pizza, popcorn, movie candy and drinks are included. After the movie the children will enjoy games and an AWESOME silly string fight! From 6-8pm at Abigail’s Tea & Tiara’s at 90 Front Street in Ballston Spa. Cost: $15.00 per child.
4. Opera Saratoga presents ”Rigoletto” by Giuseppe Verdi this Friday, July 6th at 8pm at the Spa Little Theater, 19 Roosevelt Drive in Saratoga Springs. A masterpiece of Italian opera, Rigoletto is the story of an egocentric politician, an innocent young girl, and a father’s fateful curse. Proving that political scandals are timeless, and featuring some of opera’s most beautiful and passionate music, Rigoletto takes us on a compelling emotional journey that is at the core of the operatic experience. Sung in Italian with English translations projected above the stage. FREE pre-opera talk in the theater one hour before each performance! Cost: $45-$85. Call 518-584-6018 for more information.
5. This Sunday, July 8th is the 2012 Saratoga Secret Gardens Tour. The self-guided tour is sponsored by Soroptimist International of Saratoga County to benefit local organizations and programs, particularly Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Services of Saratoga County. Gardens include clever city spaces, surprising suburban gardens, water features, and perennials for both sun and shade.Tickets are $18 in advance and $22 on the day of the tour, while they last. Tour tickets and raffle tickets may be ordered online at www.soroptimistsaratoga.org or forms can be printed off the website and mailed with payment. Questions? Call 581-1201 ext. 4184 or e-mail email@example.com.