This first week of July promises to be a lot of fun for families in our area. We've got some fantastic fireworks, family fun for the Fourth, Opening Day at Saratoga Polo and a hot air balloon festival!
1. Check out the 2012 Summer Jam in Glens Falls! On Tuesday, July 3rd from 4:30-11pm head to East Field, 175 Dix Avenue in Glens Falls for the 25th Annual Summer Jam. There will be live music and a fireworks display to follow. Gates open at 4:30pm with showtime at 7:30pm. Fireworks will take place at approximately 10pm. Please Note: No food or bottles, cans, backpacks, coolers allowed. Patrons under 12 must be accompanied by adult. For More Information Call: (518) 761-9890. Cost is $3 per person.
2. Enjoy spectacular fireworks in the Spa City! This 4th of July, celebrate America's Independence Day with Saratoga's All-American Celebration in Congress Park! Saratoga's 2012 All-American Celebration is titled "Family, Freedom & Founding Fathers." Watch fireworks with your friends and family in Saratoga Springs on the fourth, and don't forget - this special event weekend is about much more than just fireworks, featuring a parade, BBQ and Dessert Festivals, live music, a car show and more! For More Information Call: 584-6920.
3. Don't forget about Family Fun Day as part of Saratoga's celebration on Wednesday, July 4th from 10:30-3:30pm.The Saratoga Springs History Museum invites you to Family Fun Day. This free event will offer families the chance to visit with historical re-enactors, participate in games and crafts, enjoy face painting, free balloons and more. For More Information Call: 584-6920.
4. This Friday, July 6th is Opening Day at Saratoga Polo Association! This family friendly spot is the perfect place (and time) to bring the kids, and you can even bring your (leashed) pet. You can head to either the tailgating side or the Clubhouse side and the gates open at 4pm. Plus, at each match you will get a chance to see a local child singing the National Anthem as part of the Mamatoga and Adirondack Appliance Oh Say Can You Sing Competition! For Opening Day there is a special price for Clubhouse tickets, regularly $25 they are just $10 this Friday! Matches start at 5:30pm every Friday and Sunday. For more information and to buy tickets, call (518) 584-8108.
5. The 2012 Sunkiss Balloon Festival will take place July 6- 8, 2012, a few months before previous years' festivals have taken place. But have no fear you can still expect to see more than 30 balloons taking off daily and enjoy tons of family-friendly activities! The festival kicks off Friday, July 6th at 6PM at Crandall Park with their opening ceremonies. Pilots will then be split off into different city parks for our "Davidson Brothers Brewery Glow Around the City." Hot Air Balloon Moon Glows can be observed at Crandall, Montcalm Street, Murray Street and East Field Parks at dusk. Saturday morning they will shift locations over to the Warren County Airport for the remainder of our activities. We will have mass accensions at both sunrise and sunset. Admission is free. For more information call 518-321-0145.