The Saratoga County Fair kicks off this week, there's some family dancing, Family Night at SPAC, a great deal with GE Kids in Free Days and more! Get into some summer fun with the Mamatoga Top Fives for Kids!
1. Head to the 171st annual Saratoga County Fair this summer to experience a classic, all-American county fair! Saratoga County's is one of the oldest in the state and is held annually at the Saratoga County Fair Grounds in Ballston Spa, NY! The fair is held for six days and nights this year from July 17 - 22, 2012 from 9 am to midnight daily. The Saratoga County Fair offers a wide variety of entertainment, over 100 vendors, and many exhibits including antiques, home arts, fine arts, flowers, farm and garden, 4-H, and more! Time: 9:00am - Midnight Daily. Cost: General Admission: $10 (Tues-Thurs Includes Gate Premium), $10 (Fri-Sun), Senior Citizens: $4 until 5pm (Weds), "Smaller Than 52" when standing" or Active Military are free. Season Tickets are $30. Unlimited ride wristbands: $20.00. Parking is free!
2. On Thursday, July 19th check out Family Dances with Peter, Paul and George at Congress Park (or the Saratoga Springs Library in case of inclement weather). Please Note: Special Time! 10 a.m. They're back! Whether you are 2 or 102, enjoy the toe-tapping tunes brought to you by Peter, Paul, and George! Dances may include reels, jigs, polkas, hornpipes and waltzes. This program is appropriate for all ages. No registration is necessary. The program will be held in Congress Park. In the event of inclement weather, the program will be held in the H. Dutcher Community Room.
3. Also at the Saratoga Springs Public Library check out Library Babies on Friday, July 20th from 10:30am-12pm in the Crawshaw Story Room. This is an informal playgroup for babies under the age of 24 months with their parent or caregiver. A children's librarian will start the program with 15 minutes of finger-plays, rhymes, songs, and simple books. Registration is not required, admission is free. For More Information Call: 584-7860 opt. 3.
4. It's Family Night at the New York City Ballet at Saratoga Performing Arts Center on Friday, July 20th at 8pm. At the CDPHP Family Night join them for a night of world class entertainment for the whole family! Experience strolling magicians, FREE Stewart's ice cream, free balloon animals, free photo magnets, chalk contests, family games and more! Visit the Pediatric Dentistry of Glens Falls Smile Zone featuring photobooths by Saratoga Photobooth Company, open every Friday! Albany Medical Center's Children's Workshops on the Lawn where New York City Ballet principal dancers and The Philadelphia Orchestra principal musicians lead these engaging and interactive workshops on the lawn. All attendees leave with a fun, free gift and their imaginations inspiredFor More Information Call: (518) 584-9330.
5. It's GE Kids in Free Day at Tri-City ValleyCats this Saturday, July 21st at 7pm at Joseph L. Bruno Stadium in Troy. One of their most popular Kids in Free events returns for a third season at The Joe, this time on a sizzling summer Saturday! A full night of kid-friendly activities awaits when the ValleyCats take on the Vermont Lake Monsters in professional New York-Penn League baseball action, followed by a fireworks spectacular. Children 12 and under are admitted free with a paying adult, courtesy of GE. Don't wait to buy your tickets for this one, or you may get shut out. Simply request your child's ticket at the stadium box office, or if you purchased in advance, present your adult tickets at the gate before the game to receive an equal number of free children's tickets.