A great way to build reading skills for little ones, some family friendly music, Mom and Me painting, SKATEJAM and National Dance Day! SO much great stuff for kids of all ages this week!
1. On Tuesday, from 10:15 to 10:45am head to the Saratoga Springs Public Library for Preschool Story Time. A children's librarian will read aloud, offering stories and visuals that will help build your preschooler's vocabulary and spark their imaginations. Children ages 42 months-5 years will enjoy, learn, and develop emerging literacy skills through this popular story time program. Location: Crawshaw Story Room. For More Information Call: 584-7860 opt. 3.
2. The Zucchini Brothers are coming to the Saratoga Springs Public Library from 1 to 2pm on Wednesday, July 25th. Winners of the NAPPA Gold Award and the Parents' Choice Gold Award, the Zucchini Brothers offer kids' music that is 100% healthy and 100% fun! So much fun you may not want to sit still! For ages 3 and older. No tickets required; space is limited. Location: H. Dutcher Community Room. For More Information Call: 584-7860, press 3.
3. On Wednesday, July 25th head to Saratoga Paint and Sip Studio for their Mom and Me Event from 6-8pm. Paint along side your daughter and take home your shared masterpiece that you both will treasure for years to come! For More Information Call: 518-584-8244.
4. On Saturday, July 28th from 4-7pm head to the East Side Skatepark for Summer SKATEJAM! Saratoga Springs' East Side Skatepark will host the 2012 Summer Shredtactular SKATEJAM for local skateboarders. "Most of us skaters have an ethos that is loose and humorous so compitition isn't the end game with our passion. So if we are told we can't do something like have a best trick contest, we find creative alebeit slightly rebellious ways around restrictions. So that may explain why we decided to have a worst trick contest. It's a way of flaunting authority and creating a slightly twisted event at the same time," said Charlie Samuels, the event organizer for the contest. Be sure to enjoy music, food, the worst trick contest, raffles and prizes. Prizes will include hard and soft goods from Active Ride Shop and Powell Peralta Skateboards.
5. The National Dance Day Celebration is on Sunday, July 29th from 2 to 4pm at the National Museum of Dance. Cost is $6 adults, $5 seniors/students, free for kids under 12. National Dance Day is a grassroots initiative to encourage the nation, young and old, to move! Nigel Lythgoe, Executive Producer of So You Think You Can Dance and Founder of Dizzy Feet Foundation, created this annual event to promote health and self-esteem through the art form of dance. National Dance Day was recognized with an official act of Congress in 2010. Join them for a 2 hour dance-a-thon led by instructors from the Orlando School of Dance in Schenectady, and the Saratoga YMCA, including Ivy White and Yonka Perkins. See a fierce performance by Ricardo Sopin and Iraida Volodina, instructors at Arthur Murray of Saratoga Springs who appeared on Dancing With the Stars. In addition there will be a raffle for a chance to win a special prize! You don't want to miss out on this event. Bring your family and friends and get ready to MOVE! Refreshments will be sold. A portion of the proceeds raised will be donated to the Dizzy Feet Foundation. For More Information Call: 518-584-2225 x3009.