It’s a big week for kids stuff in Saratoga! Toddler Story Time kicks it off, then we’ve got a Puppet Show, a free family concert in the park, GE Kids in Free Days with the Philadelphia Orchestra at SPAC and…BIG TRUCK DAY!
1. On Tuesday, July 31st head to the Saratoga Public Library for Toddler Story Time from 9:30 to 10am. This interactive program is designed to foster a love of stories, as well as encourage the development of pre-literacy skills. Children ages 24-42 months and their parent or caregiver will be introduced to stories, rhymes, and songs that they can enjoy together. In the Crawshaw Story Room. For More Information Call: 584-7860 opt. 3.
2. Also at the Saratoga Springs Public Library this week is Puppet Potpourri with the Puppet People on Wednesday, Aug 1st starting at 11am. This fun festival of frolics is the Puppet People’s original variety show accompanied by musical favorites including “The Entertainer”, “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice”, “The Barber of Seville”, “Little Brown Jug”, and “The Charleston”. The program will showcase hand puppets, mouth puppets, rod puppets, and trick marionettes. Free tickets available in the library’s Children’s Room, limit 10 tickets per person. For ages 3 and up. For More Information Call: 518-584-7860
3. There is a free family concert in Congress Park this Thursday, August 2nd from 10-11am with Uncle Rock! His music blends kid-friendly lyrics with a rock and roll sound that adults will also enjoy. Bring your blanket or folding chair. The concert will be held in the park behind the Saratoga Arts building. In the event of extreme weather, they will hold the program in the H. Dutcher Community Room. Please call the library the day of the concert for weather related information. For More Information Call: 518-584-7860
4. The Philadelphia Orchestra – Cirque de la Symphonie- Family Night is this Friday, August 3rd starting at 8pm at Saratoga Performing Arts Center. This event is also a GE Kids in Free event, Each fan 12 and under will receive a free lawn ticket when accompanied by a paying adult, courtesy of GE. Simply request your child’s ticket at the SPAC box office, or if you purchased in advance, present your adult lawn tickets at the gate before the show to receive an equal number of free children’s tickets. Kids will enjoy the concert while watching the performers on aerial silks, a spinning frame and cube, and more! Plus if you get there early there will be great family activities on the lawn at SPAC from 6-8pm.
5. One of the best family events of the summer happens this Saturday, August 4th from 10-2pm, it’s the Children’s Museum at Saratoga’s Big Truck Day! Dump trucks, ice cream trucks, monster trucks and more! All of your favorite trucks and other kinds of vehicles will be on site. Their drivers will be there to answer your questions, plus they will have vendors, refreshments, bouncy houses, and more! Cost is $5 for kids, $1 for adults. For More Information Call: (518) 584-5540