Fasig-Tipton, a photography exhibit for a great cause, Date Night at SPAC, a wine and food pairing and the Dance Museum Gala! It’s going to be a fabulous week in Saratoga Springs, get your sitter and make your plans!
1. Thoroughbred auction firm Fasig- Tipton will be holding their Saratoga Thoroughbred Horse Sale on Monday August 6th & Tuesday, August 7th at The Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion, located at 415 East Avenue in Saratoga Springs, about half a mile from the Saratoga Race Course. Aside from the amazing auditorium and several large barns, the Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion has a restaurant & snack bar. Grab a bite to eat, a Saratoga signature cocktail and make an evening of it! The sales start at 7pm.
2. On Tuesday, August 7th check out the 5th annual Saratoga EOC Vision – a look at life behind the scenes from 5-8pm at The Porch, 267 Union Ave in Saratoga Springs. Join Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc. on the Clubhouse Porch at Saratoga Race Course and take “a look behind the scenes” at the opening reception of this year’s “Estamos Aqui” (We Are Here) photography exhibit featuring black and white photos taken by Spanish-speaking workers in Saratoga Springs.The event benefits EOC’s Latino Community Advocacy Program, which provides English as a Second Language and Advocacy Services to Spanish-speaking individuals and families year round in the Saratoga Springs area and seasonally at the Race Course Backstretch. Don’t miss this festive evening featuring drinks, hors d’oeuvres, and music by the Garland Nelson Ensemble, to benefit a most worthy cause. For reservations, sponsorship or further information, contact Dottie Sellers at (518) 587-3158 ext 111. Cost is $50 per person.
3. Thursday, August 9th is Date Night at SPAC with The Philadelphia Orchestra. Starting at 8pm it will be an Italian Opera Night with Yannick Nézet-Séguin as Conductor and featuring a program including:
ROSSINI Overture to the Barber of Seville
VERDI Overture to La Forza del Destino
PUCCINI Intermezzo from Manon Lescaut
MASCAGNI Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana
Arias and duets from Aida, Tosca, and LaBoheme
4. On Saturday, August 11th from 7-10 head to the Saratoga Winery for Taste of the Great States Wine and Food Pairing with farm to table catering inspired by the best of US cuisine and paired with hand crafted wines. Brisket, gumbo, sirloin and more, tickets are $39 per person, reservations are required. For more information or to make a reservation call (518) 584-9463.
5. Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM will be the most exciting night of the summer season at the National Museum of Dance as Ben Vereen will be inducted as their 48th inductee into the Cornelius Vanderbilt Whitney Hall of Fame at their Song and Dance Gala! He will be performing an exclusive unforgettable show for guests on this special night and The New York Song and Dance Company will be dazzling partygoers with their show stopping performance! For More Information Call: 518-584-2225.