Jocks and Jokes, Yo-Yo Ma at SPAC, Fabulous Fillies Day, Chicago: The Musical and a great book signing, there are so many fantastic FAB events to choose from this week!
1. The jockeys are heading to Saratoga National Golf Club Jocks & Jokes on Wednesday, August 15th starting at 6:30pm. Celebrity Jockeys will be tending the Veranda Bar from 6:30pm – 8:30pm! All proceeds & gratuities from $5 Coors Light Bottles, $6 Belvedere Cocktails, and $10 Belvedere Martinis split between PDJF & TRF. The Playdoughs will be live in concert from 6:30pm – 9:30pm. Then three of the nation’s top comedians – Nick Griffin, Pete Correale & Bob DiBuono will be performing in the Grand Ballroom at 9pm. Cost is $40 per person – partial proceeds to benefit PDJF & TRF. Call 518-583-4653 for reservations.
2. Head to SPAC for Date Night on Thursday, August 16th starting at 8pm. The Philadelphia Orchestra will be presenting an Evening with Yo-Yo Ma. David Robertson as Conductor and Yo-Yo Ma on Cello, the program includes SAINTS-SAËNS Cello Concerto no. 1. For More Information Call: (518) 584-9330.
3. Friday August 17th is Fabulous Fillies Day at the Saratoga Race Course! Join in the “pink” atmosphere as they celebrate women and the glamour they bring to Saratoga Race Course, as well as acknowledging extraordinary women in the sport of thoroughbred racing during Fabulous Fillies Day. There will be FREE admission at the track for fans who wear pink! Receive a pink bracelet when you make a donation to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and enjoy a Sizzling Hot Pink Saratoga Hat Luncheon in the At Rail Pavilion. Trackside will also take on a pink hue in an effort to to raise funds for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
4. Check out Chicago: The Musical at the Dee Sarno Theater in Saratoga Springs starting Friday, August 17th at 8pm! The Local Actors Guild of Saratoga proudly presents Chicago The Musical on the following dates:
• Fridays: August 17 and 24 at 8:00 pm
• Saturdays: August 18 and 25 at 8:00 pm
• Sundays: August 19 and 26 at 2:00 pm
Chicago: The Musical is a blast from the past, offering boundless drama which begins from the very opening scene. Cost is $20.
5. On Saturday, August 18th head to Spa Fine Art at 376 Broadway for a Greg Montgomery Book Signing from 7 to 9pm. Admission is free to join them at the gallery to meet artist Greg Montgomery! Montgomery will be signing his book ‘The History and Art of 25 Travers’ which will be available for purchase.