It’s the ALL TRAVERS Edition of the Top Fives! There is so much going on in the Spa City this week, gearing up for the biggest race of the season! Get in on the action, I’ve got all the details for you right here!
1. On Thursday, August 23rd from 7:30 to 11pm it’s a Celebration like none other: the official party of the $1M Travers Stakes. Enjoy a lavish outdoor cocktail party featuring exquisite food stations, elaborate beverage offerings, energetic live music from the New York Players & dancing under the stars as we celebrate this year’s Mid-Summer Derby contenders. Tickets are $175 with proceeds to benefit Backstretch Employee Services Team (B.E.S.T.) and the Times Union Hope Fund. For More Information Call: (518) 383-6183.
2. On Friday, August 24th from 12 to 4:30pm The American Red Cross Adirondack Saratoga Chapter and DeCrescente Distributing proudly present the 14th annual Battle of the Brews, pitting some of the region’s finest craft brews in head-to-head competition to determine which beer reigns supreme. A frothy backyard battle, patrons 21 years and older will have a chance to sample some great microbrews and then offer critiques in categories like “people’s choice,” and “judge’s choice.” Tickets are $30 per person. Your admission includes beer sampling, light food refreshments, and a commemorative beer glass, all brought to you in an ideal spot behind the main grandstand. For More Information Call: (518) 792-6545.
3. Also on Friday from 7 to 10pm join them for the 14th Annual Travers Wine Tasting to benefit Senior Services of Albany’s ‘Meals on Wheels’ program and other senior-related services. Sample over 200 upscale wines and craft beer from around the world, all complimented by gourmet delights from the Capital Region’s finest restaurants. Enjoy scrumptious desserts, live entertainment, and more at the premiere event that caps off the Saratoga Racing Season. Purchase your tickets now for this soon to be sold out event! Make reservations below or call their Development Office at 518-463-4381 for more information.
4. On Friday night from 7-10pm the excitement of the 143rd running of the Travers Stakes takes over downtown Saratoga for a few furlongs. Meet jockeys for autographs from 7:30-8:30, enjoy strolling entertainment including Reggie and the Red Hot Feetwarmers and Sparkles the Tall Juggler or stop by participating stores and restaurants for a Travers-themed giveaway.
5. Saturday is Travers Day! This is Saratoga’s biggest race – the one the don’t want to miss – the 142nd running of the $1 million Travers Stakes, the “Mid-Summer Derby” for three-year-olds at a mile and a quarter. First post-time is 11:35 am and gates open at 7am to witness the legendary Travers Stakes at Saratoga Race Course.The Travers day undercard will include the Grade 1 Foxwoods King’s Bishop, the Grade 1 Ballerina, the Grade 2 Ballston Spa, and the Grade 3 Victory Ride.