This week has some great opportunities for last chance summer fun: an end of summer ice cream party, Family Fun Fest at the track, a Labor Day BBQ, Saratoga Polo’s last matches and more!
1. Want to meet other local moms? Head to Coffee and Trains with Toga Tots on Tuesday, August 28th from 10:30-11:30 at the Barnes and Noble in Wilton. Meet up at the train table in the children’s section, grab a coffee from the Starbucks in the store and hang out and chat! This is a good outing for any with babies, toddlers or no kids at all! For More information visit: http://www.togatots.com/
2. On Wednesday, August 29th from 11:00 a.m. – Noon & 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. head to the Saratoga Springs Public Library to join them for the end of Summer Reading Program and Ice Cream Party Celebration! They will have Magician Scott Jameson who will present classic magic and juggling routines with a fresh new look choreographed to a broad selection of music styles for audiences three and up.
3. On Sunday, September 2nd and Monday, September 3rd on the final two days of the143rd racing season, families are invited to experience fun, games, and entertainment at Saratoga Race Course’s annual Family Fun Fest, to benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region. The two-day festival will take place on Sunday, September 2nd from 10:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Monday, September 3rd, from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. During this time, the backyard area will host a variety of family-friendly attractions such as carnival games, face painting, caricatures, spin art and pony rides. Juggler and stilt walker Sparkles will entertain both young and old and there will be a magic show, too. Kids can also climb Coca-Cola’s inflatable rock wall, try the Adrenaline Rush obstacle course, or bounce in the bounce house. Proceeds from activities at the Family Fun Fest benefit Ronald McDonald Charities of the Capital Region. The non-profit organization provides comfort, support and respite for families of seriously ill children in a compassionate, home-like environment.
4. Also on Sunday and Monday the Spa will provide fans with one last chance to indulge in a traditional red, white and blue afternoon at America’s Racetrack featuring a quintessential Labor Day barbecue lunch that is so popular that it’s now two days. Fans can enjoy an all-American barbeque that features hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, salad, dessert and more at the track’s At the Rail tent. The price includes Clubhouse admission and an official “Post Parade” program. For reservations, call 1-888-516-NYRA.
5. Friday and Sunday are your last chances to catch some amazing polo at Saratoga Polo Association! Gates open at 4pm and the matches starts at 5:30, for more information call (518) 584-8108. Bring the whole family out for some incredible polo!