This week is all about two things, Wine and Food! The Wine & Food and Fall Ferrari Festival comes to SPAC and there are tons of great events going on all weekend, plus a great Wine and Tapas fundraiser as well!
1. The Live on Stage Gala for the Wine & Food Festival on Friday night is going to be a not to miss event. At the Epicurean Exploration at the SPAC Amphitheater Honorary Chairs Julie and Sonny Bonacio will welcome guests on stage for an inspired contemporary menu created by Executive Chef Mark Delos, paired to showcase the impressive Antica Cantina di Canelli wine collection. The elegant evening will include an ARTrageously haute cocktail and sparkling reception and an opulent Willy Wonka Dessert Room featuring a Moscato Bar as well as DJ Dragonette! Go to spac.org for more info and to buy tickets.
2. Also on Friday is the Harambee: Wine and Tapas Fundraiser to benefit Kenyan Village at The Village Pizzeria, Route 29 in East Galway. Cost is $35. Join them for an evening to benefit the school children and families of Ewaso, Kenya. Wine, beer, and hot & cold tapas will be served. Your $35 donation allows us to provide a backpack filled with basic school supplies to one of their 484 primary school students, as well as critically needed medical supplies for their health clinic serving 19,000 impoverished Laikipiak Masaai and Samburu tribes people. 100% of all donations are tax-deductible and will go directly towards much needed services. For More Information Call: 518.738.0074.
3. Saturday at 10am head to the Wine & Food Fest for a first ever premier event, when CDPHP presents the Cast Iron Chef’s Challenge sponsored by Adirondack Appliance and Blue Star at the Hall of Springs. Executive Chef Jamie Ortiz, of Mazzone Hospitality, faces off against The Wishing Well’s Executive Chef, Patrick Longton in the final round of The Adirondack Appliance Cast Iron Chef Challenge. Chefs will receive gourmet ingredients from featured Italian Cheese Sponsors, Grana Padano and Agriform. A selection of wines from the festival’s Official Wine Sponsor – Antica Cantina di Canelli – will be made available for pairing their final dishes along with a mystery ingredient that will become the foundation of a contemporary dish featuring authentic Italian ingredients. Juried by Bravo TV “Top Chef Master”, Suvir Saran. This event is open to all with a $10 ticket so come down to the Hall of Springs and cheer on the Chefs!
4. The Grand Tasting and Live Auction for the Wine & Food Festival will take place on the SPAC Grounds from 1-5pm on Saturday featuring 200 international wineries including an unparalleled Italian Pavilion that features a myriad of wines, spirits, and authentic products; the region’s top restaurants; world-class seminars and a live and silent auction of luxury items. A day dedicate to the epicurean in all of us; a celebration of all things fine. 21 and over. Head to spac.org for info and tickets.
5. Top off the epicurean weekend with the Sparkle for SPAC brunch at Saratoga Polo Association. An elegant brunch set in a gorgeous setting featuring live jazz music, a sparkling presentation of wines by official wine sponsor, Antica Cantina di Canelli, pop-up fashion accessories and igourmet.com pop up shop featuring amazing cheese selections presented by Agriform. Auto Awards Ceremony, Antica Cantina di Canelli Exhibition Polo Match – Celebrating Italian Excellence to conclude with an iconic sabrage ceremony. Go to spac.org for more info and to buy tickets.