This week we've got great food and fantastic live music, take your pick Saratoga!
1. Starting today take part in Lake George Restaurant Week! Now through Saturday, September 15 participating restaurants in Lake George will be offering special three-course meal menus for only $20.12 per person (does not include tax, gratuity or beverages.) That means you get an appetizer, entree and dessert for just over $20 at your choice of over 15 of the area's finest dining establishments!
2. On Friday, September 14th from 6-10pm The Chefs "Saratoga Style" tours offer a VIP Showcase of Homes experience! You will have the chance to tour the beautiful showcase homes with a special treat: top local chefs will be cooking Saratoga's most popular culinary delights at each stop on the tour! Tickets will be $35 each which allows you to attend both the Northern Chef Tour and Southern Chef Tour evenings and also includes a Showcase of Homes ticket. Visit http://www.saratogashowcaseofhomes.com/chefs-saratoga-style/ for more information.
3. Also on Friday one of the Largest Irish Music & Dance Festivals Returns to Saratoga! The 16th annual Irish 2000 Festival returns for 2012 will once again offer a unique line up of Irish music including everything from celtic punk and jam music to traditional and everything in between. Ranked one of the top five of its kind in the U.S., Irish 2000 Fest kicks off on Friday night with non-stop music from 5 to 11 pm. Performances continue on Saturday all day long from 10 am through 11 pm. Come enjoy some of the best Celtic entertainment in the world, while dancing with friends and drinking some of the best Irish ales and lagers. Irish 2000 Festival celebrates the mid-way point to St. Patrick's Day each year, and a portion of the proceeds go to charity.
4. On Saturday check out Rocktoberfest at Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom from noon to 9pm. It's an Oktoberfest Celebration with a twist that will ROCK you. Rocktoberfest features live music from Wild Adriatic, Sirsy, Closer Still, and MaryLeigh and the Fauves, specialty brews, a German feast and exciting games!
5. Sunday, September 16th from noon to 5pm head to the Saratoga Winery for wine, cheese finger foods, fabulous raffles, live music and great people. Please join them for this fundraiser to benefit Estherville Animal Shelter a NO KILL facility located in Saratoga Co. Reservations appreciated as food is catered. For More Information Call: (518) 882-5562. Cost is $25.