Lots of great stuff happening this week in Saratoga! Go Green at the Library, help pick the winner of SPAC’s Battle of the Bands, a Run Ride Walk 4 Love at the Saratoga Spa State Park, some fall football and the Hillbilly Bash!
1. Want to go green as a family? Check out Go Green On The Web: Better Health For You And The Earth at the Saratoga Springs Public Library from 1:30-3:30pm on Wednesday, September 19th. Admission is free. Instructors: Mary Huang & Kathy Handy Travel strong on your quest to live true with Earth. Explore plant-based foods for optimal nutrition. Boost your physical fitness and mental clarity. Find out how you can fight environmental destruction and help create a healthy, sustainable planet. This class goes far beyond recycling and alternative energy. Check out off-grid houses with annual utility bills as low as $20. Replace toxic cleaners in your home. Learn to calculate and lessen the impact of your own individual ecological footprint. Take actions to protect wildlife. Discover the latest online resources to empower your personal journey to live a deeply compassionate life. Enjoy food samples and more. For More Information Call: 518-584-7860 ext. 257.
2. Friday, September 21st from 6-10pm is the SPAC Battle of the Bands at The Spa Little Theater in Saratoga Springs. Each band will perform in front of a live audience and a celebrity judge panel. The celebrity judges will rate the performance of each band following their time slot. “Audience response” will count for 60% of the deciding vote for a Battle of the Bands winner, with the remaining 40% based on judges’ evaluations. The winning band will receive a prize package that includes 25 hours of studio time at The Recording Company (a project music studio located on a 24 acre ranch in Upstate NY) over $800 in custom t-shirts and stickers by Saratoga Statement and – for both the winner and the runner-up — the opportunity to book a show at Putnam Den.
3. The Run Ride Walk 4 Love to raise money to support the fight against trafficking children is happening on Saturday, September 22 at the Saratoga Spa State Park. Event participants have the option of biking 15 or 30 miles. In honor of Love 146’s tenth anniversary, a 100 mile bike ride will also be offered. The Anniversary Century bike ride will be a fully supported, guided, group ride including Love146 Founder Rob Morris and other Love146 staff. There will also be a 5k run/walk and children have the opportunity to bike one mile. Dinosaur BBQ will provide lunch. For ALL of the event info, to register or to donate visit http://rrw4l.com/event-info/.
4. Saturday, September 22nd is The 8th Annual Adirondack Trust Allegiance Bowl at Saratoga Springs High School. Cost: $5 in advance / $8 at the gate / Kids under 5 free. On Saturday come watch the 8th Annual Adirondack Trust Allegiance Bowl, this year’s matchup will feature Army vs. Post University. Get there early for the family-friendly pre-game activities, national anthem and a vintage military aircraft flyover! Stay for halftime to hear the Amsterdam High School Marching Band as well as watch a silent drill team. After the game there will be the presentation of the Ken Kunken Most Valuable Player Award and the Adirondack Trust Allegiance Bowl Championship Trophy! 1pm kickoff. Tickets can be purchased at any Adirondack Trust branch. A Kick Off Banquet will take place on Friday, September 21, begining at 6:30 pm at the Holiday Inn Keynote speaker: Ken Kunken, Esq., former Cornell University sprint football player. For banquet tickets call Adam Hills at 518-588-6952. Proceeds benefit Ballston Spa Pop Warner football & cheerleading and Saratoga/Wilton Soccer Club. For More Information Call: (518) 584-5844 ext 2441.
5. The Third Annual HILLBILLY BASH is this Saturday, September 22nd from 4-11pm at The Saratoga Winery and Tasting Room, 462 Rt. 29 WEST, Saratoga Springs. $10 Cover, Ages 12 & under get in for free! Cash Bar for Wine & Food. Join them for the third annual Hillbilly Bash! Be sure to wear your favorite overalls and shade of plaid, pack all your friends & family in the truck and head down to the Saratoga Winery for an event you don’t want to miss! Featuring all your favorite Saratoga Winery wines, a pig roast & wood fired pizzas from Grill 64, LIVE MUSIC from The Sun Mountain Band and other great local artists and MUCH MORE! For more information visit: http://www.thesaratogawinery.com/ .