Get back in the back to school swing with some great activities around town this week. Lego Club at the Library and some fun stuff at the Children’s Museum, plus Sandy Hill Days (last call for fireworks!) and my top pick-the Cast Iron Chef’s Challenge at the Wine & Food Festival at SPAC!
1. Lego Club is at the Saratoga Springs Public Library on Wednesday from 6:30-8pm. Children in grades K-5 are welcome to participate. Parents and caregivers are also welcome to attend. Kids will use their imaginations to create buildings, creatures, and other objects. This program will not include Lego robotics. This is a drop in program and there is no registration necessary. Lego Club will meet the first and third Wednesdays of each month.
2. Thursday is Silly Science at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga and the theme this week is Clouds! Each week we will explore the different ways science is all around us. Learn about magnets, stack blocks as high as you can, explore our weekly theme, create themed crafts, use your sense of touch to feel different textures, and even pet a living python! This program is free with Museum admission. Drop-in. Thursdays at 10:30 am – 12:00 pm.
3. Also at the Museum check out Wiggle & Giggle on Friday from 10am-11:30am. Stop by to experiment with movement and music. Walk the balance beam, crawl through a tunnel, toss bean bags, and try out new instruments! This is a great time to meet new friends and get some exercise. The program is free with Museum admission.
4. Don’t miss the annual Sandy Hills Days in the village of Hudson Falls, the weekend of September 7th and 8th. It will be a celebration for the whole family, with art & crafts, entertainment, music, food, and family fun! There will be fireworks on Saturday (September 8th) at 9:30 PM. Visit http://www.villageofhudsonfalls.com/ for more information.
5. My TOP pick this week for Family Fun is the CDPHP presents Cast Iron Chef’s Challenge Sponsored by Adirondack Appliance and Blue Star at the Hall of Springs on Saturday at 10am. A first-ever premiere event at the Wine & Food Festival at SPAC! Executive Chef Jamie Ortiz, of Mazzone Hospitality, faces off against The Wishing Well’s Executive Chef, Patrick Longton in the final round of The Adirondack Appliance Cast Iron Chef Challenge. Chefs will receive gourmet ingredients from featured Italian Cheese Sponsors, Grana Padano and Agriform. Juried by Bravo TV “Top Chef Master”, Suvir Saran, this event is open to all with a $10 ticket. All equipment supplied by Adirondack Appliance and Blue Star. CDPHP sponsors kids attendance.