This week we’ve got a great kids activity at the Children’s Museum, the Albany FAAN Walk for Food Allergy, the Fall Kids Exchange Consignment Event, an Arts & Crafts Fair and the chance to play as a family FORE a great cause!
1. On Wednesday, September 12th head to the Children’s Museum at Saratoga for Drum Beats and Little Feet from 11am-11:30am. Appropriate for ages 2 – 5 years old and free with admission. There are only 20 spaces available in this class. Pre-registration is required to reserve your space. Please call The Children’s Museum at (518) 584-5540 to register. Heather Bartos, a local drumming instructor, will be joining us soon! Her class, “Drum Beats and Little Feet” will teach children to explore music in a fun and creative environment. We are going to sing, dance, play the drums, and enjoy musical activities.
2. Saturday, September 15th is the Albany FAAN Walk for Food Allergy, held at The Crossings of Colonie, South Pavilion (drive straight to the back of the park), 580 Albany Shaker Road in Loudonville. Check-in begins at 9:00 a.m. and Walk start at 10:00 a.m. The t-shirts say it all…”We walk to save a life.” Join them for a wonderful morning with your family and friends and don’t miss out on the amazing raffle items, sponsor booths, games, crafts, face painting and most importantly supporting those in our community living with potentially life-threatening food allergies! Sign up at www.foodallergywalk.org/albany_ny12 and donate today!
3. Also on Saturday The Community Exchange Foundation of Glens Falls is proud to present the 2012 Fall Kids Exchange Consignment Event on Saturday, September 15 from 9-3 at the Adirondack Sports Complex (The Dome) at 326 Sherman Ave. in Queensbury. The half-price sale runs from 1:30-3. Admission to the sale is free, but only cash is accepted for purchases. The Kids Exchange is a giant kids consignment sale featuring thousands of new, like-new and gently-used children’s items for sale to the public. The sale features children’s brand-name, top-quality clothing sizes 0-10, toys, books, DVDs, baby gear and furniture, sports equipment, strollers, play kitchens, room decor, and lots more. Proceeds from the event will be donated to many local organizations. Unsold items are donated to North Country Ministry in Warrensburg. For More Information Call: 518-729-6389.
4. The Saratoga Art & Craft Fair takes place on Saturday from 10am to 4pm. Admission is free. Saratoga Art & Craft Show is an indoor show which features many artisans exhibiting handmade items as well as quality gift items. There’s something for everyone in the family. Come meet the exhibitors, enjoy the live music and make a day of it! For More Information Call: (518) 928-8184.
5. On Sunday come play FORE a great cause! Bring your family, friends and co-workers. A special mini-golf benefit hosted by the Sciancalepore Family followed by a BBQ at Noon at the Crandall Park Pavilion in Glens Falls all to benefit the Double H Ranch. From 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM at Pirate’s Cove Queensbury in the Crandall Park Pavilion. Cost: $15 per person / $40 per immediate family. Register online at the Double H Ranch webpage or call 518-696-5921 ext. 269.