This week we’ve got Kids Day at the Malta Farmers’ Market, Hola La and Sensory Storytime at the Library, a Family Fall Festival with Circus Theatricks and a fun outdoor movie presented by the Caroline Street Parent Teacher Student Organization, take your pick for some family fun this week!
1. On Tuesday, September 24th head to the Malta Farmers’ Market for their Kids Day with special activities from 3 to 6pm. Children and their families are invited to visit with the 18 vendors of the Malta Farmers’ Market and enjoy free face painting, a bounce house, and other activities on the lawn between the Malta Community Center and Just Meat & Deli on Route 9.
2. On Thursday, September 27th check out Hola La Presenting Pepa In The Fall from 5-5:45 at the Saratoga Springs Public Library. Admission is free. Join Hola La and their mascot, Pepa for fall adventures. Hola La’s classes incorporate bilingual music, puppets, games and stories, infusing practical humor throughout each class. Contact the Saratoga Springs Public Library for more details or to register. For More Information Call: 518-584-7860 opt. 3. Ages 2.5-5: Thurs. Sept. 27 – Oct. 18 5:00 – 5:45 p.m.; Grades K-2: Thurs. Oct. 25 – Nov. 15 5:00 – 5:45 p.m.
3. Also on Thursday at the Saratoga Library is Sensory Storytime from 6:30-7pm. Open to all children from preschoolers on up. Especially geared to those with sensory integration issues and those on the autism spectrum. If your child has difficulty sitting through one of the library’s other storytimes, this program of stories, songs, and art activities may be just what you are looking for. Children must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver. No registration necessary. (Crawshaw Story Room). For More Information Call: 518-584-7860.
4. Saratoga Children’s Theatre will be co-sponsoring a Family Fall Festival with Circus Theatricks from 6:30PM to 9:30PM on September 28 and 1PM to 4PM on the 29th at Saint Peter’s School, 64 Hamilton Street, Saratoga Springs. Admission to the event is FREE. The Family Fall Festival will include a $10 haunted house, 25 cent games, refreshments, and tons of fun. Bring your cameras! Activities are targeted for children up to 6th grade. All funds raised will go to Saratoga Children’s Theatre Scholarship Fund and Circus Theatricks Aerials component of their teaching.
5. The Caroline Street Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO) would like to invite the entire community to join them on Saturday, September 29th at 7pm for an outdoor movie screening serviced by FunFlicks. Tickets sold at the gate at the infield of the track at the East Side Rec. $4 per person. All proceeds from the movie event will go to funding a safe, modern, and new playground at the East Side Recreation Park, which would replace the current structure that is in serious disrepair. For More Information Call: (518) 584-7612.