A critically acclaimed author will do a reading, a grand opening, flamenco, Iron Chef at the Market and a ZOMBIE run, all happening this week!
1. On Thursday, Oct 4th from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM at the Saratoga Springs Public Library the critically acclaimed author Steve Millhauser will read from a selection of his work. Millhauser, who has been compared with Kafka and Borges, won the Pulitzer Prize in 1997.
2. On Friday, Oct 5th check out the Grand Opening of Fusion Salon from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM at 18 Division Street, Suite 103. Join them to celebrate their new location with lots of wine, food, & beer plus tons of giveaways and the first 25 CLIENTS in the door receive a FREE goodie bag. For More Information Call: 518-584-3435.
3. Also on Friday from 7 to 9pm Flamenco Vivo II will present a lecture-demonstration at the National Museum of Dance. The evening will include a short talk about the company and dance genre with a following Q&A. The company includes five performers, two musicians and three dancers. Admission to this event is $25 at the door, $20 in advance, and $15 for Museum members. Wine and hors d'oeuvres will be served. Reservations are strongly recommended as there is limited seating capacity for this event. Please call 518.584.2225 x3001 or e-mail email@example.com to make reservations.
4. At the Saratoga Farmers' Market this Saturday from 9:30-11:30 two of Saratoga's favorite chefs, Max London of Max London's and John Ireland of Panza's, will face off in the Saratoga Farmers' Market's fifth annual Iron Chef Challenge. Recognizing the diverse culinary preferences of its customers, the market this year is asking the chefs to develop separate meat-centered and vegan plates, and an optional third plate of their own creation. Max London won the competition previously in both 2011 and 2010. The competition will be held on the south lawn of the market, adjacent to the large public parking lot on High Rock Avenue. Spectators are welcome, free of charge. For More Information Call: 518.581.0435.
5. On Saturday run for your life in the Zombie 5K at Great Escape! Before the race you will be given 3 flags that must be tucked into your shorts and worn with one flag on each hip and one flag on your lower back. These flags represent your lives. It is your goal to finish the race with at least 1 life flag. It is the zombies goal to take all of your lives and maybe a limb or two. Just like in a video game, once all 3 of your lives are gone, you "die! The race is benefiting the American Red Cross Adirondack Saratoga Chapter. Check out this link for more information.