Get your sitter and make your plans because there are a lot of great events to choose from this week! Check out Project Lift University to benefit the Franklin Community Center, try your luck at Vintage Vegas to benefit SPAC's classical programs, dance the night away at Putnam Den to benefit The Giving Circle, a house crawl for Double H Ranch to honor John Witt and then head to Oktobeerfest!
1. Coming up on Thursday, October 11th is Project Lift University at Longfellows, a one-of-a-kind event where you'll be getting nostalgic about your college days. This academic-inspired evening will allow guests to register for "classes" with talented local professionals, who will act as "professors" by donating their time to teach a class. This event goes to support Franklin Community Center's Project Lift which makes a huge positive impact on the lives of local kids. Tickets are just $75 each, which includes beer, wine, soda, music and various food stations. Call (518) 587-9826 for tickets and more information.
2. Also on Thursday, check out Vintage Vegas at Vapor Night Club from 7-11pm. All proceeds from this event will benefit SPAC's Classical Season! They will have Complimentary Manhattans and Vodka Gimlets from 7-8 pm. Dance to the sounds of DVDJ Dread. Try your luck at EIGHT Black Jack tables and TWO Vegas wheels (cash betting, minimum $1, max $5) and enjoy delicious Rat-Pack-style cocktail cuisine and a complimentary classic photobooth. For More Information Call: 518-584-9330. Cost: $60 in advance; $65 at the door; $50 for SPAC members!
3. On Friday Oct. 12th from 7 to 10pm at Putnam Den in Saratoga Springs come dance the night away for a great cause! Featuring fabulous food from the Living Room restaurant, Silent Auction, Raffle and Cash Bar to benefit The Giving Circle, Inc. (TGC), an all volunteer non-profit organization based in Saratoga Springs. For More Information Call: (518) 584-8066. Cost: $50 Donation.
4. On Friday head to the Double H Ranch Partners House Crawl from 7 to 11pm. This year, "crawl" through Saratoga's Southside neighborhood, where minimized footprints and basic green-minded details of John Witt's Carriage House designs show the many ways that homeowners can easily save money and energy. Afterward, enjoy small plates prepared by local restaurants and farms. Music by Rich Ortiz, open bar of local beer and organic wine, casual attire. This evening, we will be honoring the professional and philanthropic contributions of John Witt, a long-time Double H Ranch supporter. Register online at the Double H Ranch webpage or by calling 518-696-5921 ext. 269. Cost: $60 for Partners Members / $75 for General Public.
5. On Saturday, October 13th it's OktoBEERfest 2012 at the Malta Drive-In Theatre from 1-7pm. The Third Annual Oktobeerfest will celebrate German culture with an afternoon featuring authentic German bier and cuisine as well as seasonal craft beers from many regional breweries. German and American food will be provided, as well as wine and non-alcoholic beverages. There will be live music throughout the afternoon, contests, games and more fun! Plan to pack your car full and pay just $25 for a carload when purchasing your tickets in advance! $30 includes admission, a souvenir mug and a drink ticket for each individual in the car with no limit as to how many you can fit in your car, van, UHaul, RV, or school bus! Day-of individual tickets are $10, and include admission only. Additional drink tickets may be purchased the day of the event for additional drinks. Please note this is a sampling event, all beverage samples will be purchased using a ticket system. More information visit: http://www.oktobeerfestny.com/