Halloween is almost here and there are some incredibly fun events to check out this week! First up there is an exciting Chefs Auction event, an informative talk about how to pay for college, a Beer Dinner at Prime plus a Masquerade Ball, plus a chance to run for your life (and a great cause) in the rUNDEAD 5k! Get all the details here and make your plans!
1. On Tuesday, October 23rd from 6 to 10pm head to Vapor Nightclub at Saratoga Casino and Raceway for the Signature Chefs Auction For March of Dimes in Saratoga. For those whose passion is food, or for those who just enjoy a good meal, this is the event for you. The culinary expertise of Saratoga Springs all in one place, preparing their signature dish! Not only will guests taste some amazing food - any of the chefs dishes that they may want - but guests will also be in the amazing atmosphere of Vapor, the nightclub of Saratoga Raceway! After an evening of great food and auctions the night ends with an "Iron Chef" Competition with emcee Dan Eaton, Cooking at Home YNN. Remember, this is all for a good cause: the March of Dimes March for Babies, a foundation dedicated to raising money for researching issues that effect newborns, and supporting programs to help mothers reach full term. So come out to Vapor and let your generosity flow as freely as the food and wine! Tickets cost $65 per person. For More Information Call: (518) 453-0474.
2. Also on Tuesday from 6:30-8pm is How To Pay For College Without Going Broke at the Saratoga Springs Public Library. Pierce Mahar of Educational Funding Specialists explains how to make college affordable by developing a financial plan, increasing tax deductions, maximizing financial aid, and negotiating awards. For More Information Call: 518-584-7860 opt. 3.
3. At Prime at Saratoga National on Thursday, October 25th at 6:30pm they are having a Beer Dinner featuring Brooklyn Brewery. The Beer Dinner will give guests a chance to try multiple different types of beer with a large selection of food. For example, try the Brew House Cobb Salad with some Brooklyner Weisse or a House Seasoned Coulotte Steack with Brooklyn Ghost Beer. Tickets cost $75 and reservations must be made. All guests must be 21 or older and is sure to be a great time with great food and beer! For More Information Call: (518) 583-4653.
4. Head to Saratoga National Golf Club on Friday, October 26th for the Halloween Masquerade Gala to Benefit NCMEC. Have you ever wanted to attend a real masquerade ball? Well this is your chance! Saratoga's Annual Halloween Masquerade Gala will be a delightful night of costume, great food, awards and entertainment! Tickets are $175 event ticket and the event goes to benefit the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, NY Branch. This Halloween Masquerade Gala is proof that Halloween is "all about the children" whether missing or out trick-or-treating this October, and the night even features entertainment from local high school bands! Call 518-587-7771 to RSVP today!
5. Get ready to run for your life (and a fantastic cause) on Sunday, October 28th at Saratoga Springs State Park for the rUNDEAD 5k! The rUNDEAD is a 5k trail run to support Special Olympics New York. What are the obstacles on this run?... Zombies. Each runner will start off with a flag belt and three flags. These flags represent your lifelines. Zombies throughout the course will be attempting to take these one at a time. If you finish the race with at least one flag, you've survived, BUT if zombies have taken all your flags you can complete the race, but will not be eligible for awards. Individuals can participate as either runners or zombies. Zombies: Running not exciting enough for you? Be a zombie! Each zombie will be transformed in our "mob Tent" the day of the event! Registration begins at 7:30am and the race is at 9:30am. Bring your own attire and let us make you into the undead. The cost to participate as a zombie is $15 re-registered or $20 day of (if there are still openings). Zombies can sign up as individuals or teams. Each zombie receives their official transformation, a rUNDEAD race t-shirt, participation in race day festivities and the thrill of the chase. ALL AGES WELCOME! Cost for runners is $30 pre-registration and $35 day of. Click here to register.