This week we've got a bunch of opportunities for kids to get creative and silly, a great sale and the beginning of Halloween fun!
1. First up, on Wednesday, October 3rd from 4:30-5:30pm head to the Saratoga Springs Public Library for their Get Creative With The Tang Museum program. The Tang Museum from Skidmore will lead this creative workshop for children. Participants will use different materials to create a unique piece of art each week. Admission is free, call 518-584-7860 opt. 3 to register. Grades K-2: Wed. Sept. 19 - Oct. 17 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. Grades 3-5: Wed. Oct. 24 - Nov. 28 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
2. On Thursday, October 4th head to Silly Science at the Children's Museum at Saratoga from 10:30 - 12:00 pm. This week's theme is The Sense of Touch. Each week kids will explore the different ways science is all around us. Learn about magnets, stack blocks as high as you can, explore the weekly theme, create themed crafts, use your sense of touch to feel different textures, and even pet a living python! This program is free with Museum admission. Drop-in.
3. On Saturday, October 6th from 11:30-12pm it is Saturday Family Story Time at the Saratoga Springs Public Library. Story Time is for children ages 2-5, with their families or caregiver. Siblings welcome too! Registration is not necessary for this program. For More Information Call: 518-584-7860 opt. 3.
4. Also on Saturday from 9am to 7pm at the Saratoga Independent School is the Capital Consignments Family Sale. Check out this great sale for men, women and children's clothing, shoes, accessories, small furniture, toys, games, electronics and more! For More Information Call: 518-406-8697.
5. Starting this Saturday it's Thrills by Day, Frights by Night at the North Country's largest family-friendly Halloween celebration at the Great Escape. Enjoy the park's coasters and rides, plus special Halloween entertainment! The park's daytime thrills include the Trick or Treat Trail, Halloween activities for the kids, and two fun family areas. BUT be warned: once 4 PM strikes the frights come out! The park completely transforms itself into a Halloween haven for zombies and creatures, with exhilarating haunted attractions, hair-raising shows, and scream-inducing street entertainment. All-New in 2012, don't miss the Saloon of Darkness. Over ten minutes of pitch dark terror in Ghost Town's Haunted Maze.