Lots of great family activities this week! Halloween fun at the Saratoga Scare Fair, the Glens Falls Farmers Market and the Haunted History Ghostwalks of Saratoga. Also one of the best sales in our area for family stuff, and a great Autumn Festival!
1. Start getting in the Halloween spirit! The Saratoga Scare Fair will be running Thursday-Saturday for the last 3 weekends in October at the Saratoga County Fair Grounds. Cost is $5. Hours are Thursday 6-9, Friday-Saturday 6-10. There will be Hay Mazes and a Teen/Adult Haunted house (Hauted House Rated M). For More Information Call: 518-885-9701.
2. One of my favorite sales of the year, the Katrina Trask Cooperative Nursery School will be holding its Fall Children’s Consignment Sale on October 12th and 13th at the American Legion, 34 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs. Hours: Friday, October 12, 3 p.m. until 8 p.m. Half-Price sale: Saturday, October 13, 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
Items for sale include:
• Children’s fall/winter clothing (sizes infant to size 10)
• Kids gear (car seats, strollers, high chairs, etc.)
• Furniture (cribs, toddler beds, changing tables, etc.)
• Kids sports equipment, trikes/bikes and small play equipment
• Toys, puzzles and games
• Kids books and DVDs
• Maternity and nursing wear
For more information: email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ktnurseryschool.org.
3. The Glens Falls Farmers Market will be holding it’s 28th Annual Pumpkin Festival during market hours on Saturday October 13th. The first 300 children to attend will receive a free pumpkin! There will also be a decorating booth, where children can get creative with their pumpkin. At the Community Pavilion, South Street, Glens Falls.
4. Head to the annual Waldorf School of Saratoga’s Autumn Festival and Open House on Saturday, October 13th from 11am-3pm at 62 York Avenue, Saratoga Springs. Featuring sheep shearing, cider pressing, weaving, storytelling, cafe and bake sale, face painting and more! Cost: $3.00, maximum $15 per family. RAIN OR SHINE. For More Information Call: 518-587-1381.
5. Want even more Halloween fun? Check out the Haunted History Ghostwalks of Saratoga on Saturday, October 13th from 7-9pm. Cost: $10 adults / $5 ages 7-11. This 90 minute walking tour of downtown Saratoga Springs touches on its history, mystery, architecture, and parapsychology. The tour was researched and created by supernatural historian Mason Winfield, author of nine books including Supernatural Saratoga: Haunted Places and Famous Ghosts of the Spa City. Fridays and Saturdays in October – tours leave at 7pm from The Arts Center at 320 Broadway, Saratoga Springs. For More Information Call: (518) 584-4132.