Get in the Halloween spirit with the family this week! Start out with some after school nature activities, then get into full festive gear with a Halloween parade, a Halloween Bash, some family friendly Halloween Hayrides and the Fall Festival in Saratoga, I can't wait!
1. The Wilton Wildlife After School Workshop is this Tuesday, October 23rd at the Saratoga Springs Public Library from 4:30-5:15. Join educators from the Wilton Wildlife Preserve for a 4-week series of fun afterschool nature-related activities. For students grades 3-5. Free admission. For More Information Call: 518-584-7860 opt. 3.
2. The 6th Annual Clifton Park Halloween Parade is this Friday, October 26th at 4:30pm. Looking for a Halloween event that's appropriate for all ages? Dress up in your Halloween costume and bring your entire family to the Clifton Park Halloween Parade! The parade will begin at 4:30 p.m. and will take place at the Clifton Common. NorthStar Church will be sponsoring this event with free hot dogs, chips and drinks after the parade. Line up begins at 4:15pm. There will also be free food, pony rides, a bounce house,fire truck demos and festive family fun! Rain Site: Shenendehowa Adult Community Center for parade, crafts & goodies. For More Information Call: (518) 371-6667.
3. The Fourth Annual Children's Guide Halloween Bash is also on Friday from 6-8pm at The Ciccotti Center in Colonie. Bring your kids out in costume for some Halloween Fun! Trick or treat with over 25 vendors! There will be candy, games, bounce zone, scavenger hunt and more! Terrific and safe Halloween fun for kids from infants to 8. Only $4 per child. Your kids will love the chance to get in their costumes early. This year make Halloween an all day event. For More Information Call: (518) 281-4722.
4. Check out the Haunted Hayride at Gavin Park in Wilton on Friday and Saturday this week. Cost: $8.00 (10 & under $5.00) Rain or shine! 5:00pm-6:00PM hayride is for the younger kids. All proceeds will benefit: Operation Adopt A Soldier, Inc. For More Information Call (518) 587-8010 or (518) 232-4526.
5. One of my favorite downtown events, the 2012 Saratoga DBA Fall Festival in Saratoga Springs is this Saturday, October 27th from 10am to 5pm. The Saratoga Springs Downtown Business Association, Special Assessment District, and Star 101.3 are proud to present the 11th Annual Fall Festival in downtown Saratoga Springs on Saturday, October 27th, 2012, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Fall Festival provides free entertainment and activities including Radio Disney, magic shows, trick or treating, arts & crafts, and more! All entertainment is free and open to the public.