Celebrate Valentine's Day with your special someone in Saratoga Springs NY. There is nothing more romantic than this charming Victorian City in the foothills of the Adirondacks.
Whether you are taking a Valentine weekend getaway or just looking to surprise your sweetie with a day of romance, this itinerary can help give you an idea for planning the perfect Valentine's Day in Spa City!
From locals to out-of-towners, from snugglers to out-on-the-towners, there are plenty of options for all couples to enjoy Valentine's Day in Saratoga Springs, NY!
- Rise and Shine. Head over to a local bakery in town and enjoy a to-go breakfast - a decadent flaky croissant, pastry or scone with coffee or hot cocoa. Top Picks: Mrs. London's on Broadway and The Bread Basket on Spring Street.
- Take a Romantic Stroll. Take time to slow down and enjoy each other on a stroll through Congress Park. The park is brimming with beauty in all seasons and makes the perfect backdrop for a couples photo if you ask a passerby to snap a photo of the two of you. You could also pop into an art gallery on Broadway or Beekman Street, head to Creative Sparks to make some pottery or check out an exhibit at one of the countless Saratoga museums - you decide!
- Go Shopping. Peruse through the many shops in downtown Saratoga for one-of-a-kind treasures to bring back home and remember your special occasion. Need ideas? Stop into one of Saratoga's specialty foods and sweets shops to sample delicious goodies. Or head to Menges & Curtis for Caswell & Massey lotions or their own line of pampering skincare. You could even hit up the local boutiques and lingerie shops to pick out a stunning piece you'll both enjoy!
- Need a pick me up? Grab a latte, cocoa or cup of coffee at a Uncommon Grounds, Saratoga Coffee Company (both on Broadway) or Virgil's House on Henry Street. Looking for a hot toddy? Try Baileys on Putnam Street for a large selection of specialty drinks!
- Take a scenic drive. Check out the gorgeous and historic Victorian homes in the city of Saratoga Springs.
Must See Streets:
- North Broadway
- Lake Avenue (between Broadway and East Ave)
- Circular Street (Batcheller Mansion Inn)
- Union Ave (home of the Saratoga Race Course)
- East Ave (between Union and Lake)
- Nelson Ave (between Union and Lake)
- 5th Ave
- Madison Ave.
- Caroline Street (particularly between Regent St and East Ave)
- Relax at the Spa. There is no better way to wind down after an eventful day than a mineral bath at a spa in Saratoga. Men and women alike love enjoying the rich mineral waters of Saratoga Springs. After all, that is one reason the Spa City is so famous! An attendant will bring you into your own room, where you can soak in a mineral and oil infused tub to soak away the stresses of everyday life. You will come out feeling relaxed and rejuvenated!
Roosevelt Baths and Spa in Spa State Park or Massage At Saratoga on Broadway.
- Candlelit Meal for 2 at a Saratoga Restaurant. No matter what kind of ambiance you are going for, below are some of our recommendations:
Looking for a cozy inn setting? The Olde Bryan Inn, Longfellows, Wishing Well, The Inn at Saratoga
Sophisticated ambiance? Chianti il Ristorante , Wheatfield's, Grey Gelding, Forno Bistro, Duo
Small, intimate setting? Maestro's, One Caroline St. Bistro, The Wine Bar
Lively? Circus Cafe, Mexican Connection, Hattie's, Nove
Don't forget to call ahead and make reservations at these Saratoga restaurants for Valentine's Day especially!
- Romantic Night In. Rekindle your romance at a sophisticated Saratoga hotel or lovely bed and breakfast. A lot of hotels offer special Romance packages this time of year with special amenities like flowers, chocolates, champagne and even coupons for a massage or spa treatment. Make this getaway the most special yet and treat your loved one with an entire day of romance and surprises in Saratoga Springs NY! View lodging packages here or browse our Saratoga lodging section for more options.
- Do something outdoors. Cross country skiing or snowshoeing can be beautiful in the Saratoga Spa State Park on a nice winter day. Or if you are feeling more active, take the day and head to one of the downhill skiing mountains around the Saratoga area. For more ideas, check out the Saratoga Winter Guide which offers many ideas for things to do and places to go!
<<Back to the Saratoga Valentine's Day Guide!