Who else is ready to start drinking like you’re in Germany at the upcoming Oktobeerfest! I know I can’t wait to start drinking German craft beers out of “das boots” and eat large amounts of German cuisine. The weather has not been spectacular over the last couple weeks and I needed to know how to be ready to have the best possible time. I talked to the event organizer, Garth Ellms, to find out how I should prepare myself for Oktobeerfest this Saturday, October 13….
- Why should someone buy their tickets in advance rather than at the door?
If you purchase your tickets in advance you will be guaranteed to have a ticket to the event…reason number two, save time in line the day of!
- Why should visitors not be worried how the weather turns out for Oktobeerfest?
We have a tent to protect everyone from the weather, we wouldn’t want anyone to get a sunburn! This tent also doubles as a German Bier Garden, so bring your lederhosen.
- Oktobeerfest is in a few days, are you close to or done setting up yet?
We are never done setting up, that’s what makes these types of festivals unique though, we have a blank canvas to paint!
- If you could describe what the atmosphere is like at an Oktobeerfest in one word, what would it be?
Erstaunlich, German for amazing!
- How many breweries are expected to be at the festival?
As of now we have 12 lined up but a few more may end up attending, possibly with something unique and rare!
- What makes Oktobeerfest different from other local beer festivals?
Oktobeerfest NY, is not really a beer festival but more a celebration of the Fall, and of course the great beers that come along with that. We have included great German and Fall seasonal craft beers matched with American and German food and entertainment.
- Do you have any tips for someone who wants to attend Oktobeerfest but doesn’t have a designated driver?
We have a shuttle service running from Saratoga to the Malta Drive Ins, also this is a great location in regards to Malta, Clifton Park, and Saratoga taxi services.
- There is a location change this year. How do you think the new location will affect the event?
We believe this could double the size of the event due to the ease of location, the lower ticket price, and the great success this event has had in the past. We have already made plans for overflow parking, which is why the carload price is the best way to go for attendees.
- The weather is suppose to be great for Saturday, but what would you say to attendees who might shy away from the event due to the forecast?
We would suggest a number 15 or 30 SPF. Also bring your sunglasses, the colors of the leaves on the trees this year are beautiful!
- Can designated drivers still enjoy the event?
Yes, we have plenty of food vendors, entertainment, and some other local vendors to shop around at. Anyone that is 21 or over can enjoy Oktobeerfest!