A few local teen musicians are donating their time this holiday season to help give back to the community at the upcoming “Jingle Shelves“. The musicians are donating their time to help get their peers involved in giving back and to stock the shelves of the food pantry at the Franklin Community Center. Radio station 100.3 The Point and Saratoga Guitar are helping put on this event at Saratoga Music Hall.
The three bands performing are The Dependents, Bridgette Guerrette, and Vontus. All three acts consist of teen musicians that all have the same goal: get concert-goers to donate food to give back to the community. Admission to the concert costs one non-perishable food item or new, unwrapped gifts and stocking stuffers for teens.
I was able to ask Saratoga Guitar’s Matt McCabe a few questions to get more information about the concert as well as other ways to donate.
- What can you tell us about the bands playing at ‘Jingle Shelves’?Matt: Great talented young musicians that love music. People should check out their music and upcoming shows.
- Who came up with the name and idea for ‘Jingle Shelves’?Matt: I believe Mike Brooks and Bo Goliber at the Franklin Community Center came up with both.
- If you could describe ‘Jingle Shelves’ in one word, what would it be?Matt: Benefit.
- What can the audience expect at the concert?Matt: Great music, young people having fun and gathering a ton of food for the Food Pantry. Someone will also win a guitar from us.
- Has Saratoga Guitar done something like this event before or plan on doing another in the future?Matt: We have done many benefits over the years, different causes, fund raisers, etc. We will always do as many as we can.
- Who is your favorite guitarist of all time?Matt: Can’t possibly name one: Gary Blodgett, Joe Pass comes to mind, or Wes Montgomery. There are so many great players out there.
- What is your personal goal for this event?Matt: My one goal is to gather as much food as possible for the food bank.
- What if someone can’t make it to the concert, is there another time or way someone can make a donation?Matt: Donations are accepted at either of our stores. Actually, 20 cans gets you a free set of Martin Strings, and 30 Cans will you a free t-shirt at Saratoga Guitar.
- What is your favorite Christmas song to play on guitar?Matt: Any Christmas song is a great song!
- Are monetary donations accepted too?
Matt: The Franklin Community Center is always accepting donations year round. They are a great organization doing great things in our community.