Saratoga Chowderfest 101
Each year during the Saratoga Springs Winterfest, Chowderfest attracts thousands of people to downtown Saratoga. Come join local restaurants as they offer samples of their best chowder all afternoon, brought to you by the Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau and DeCrescente Distributing Company.
Stay tuned for the 2018 date and further details as they become available. For an idea of what to expect, check out how Chowderfest typically works:
Here's how it works:
- Pick up a ballot form at any participating restaurant.
- Head to your favorite participating restaurants for a $1 cup (3oz serving) of chowder.
- Enjoy entertainment and free events at downtown businesses.
- Try as many chowders as you can and vote for your favorites!
- Turn in completed ballot forms at either the Saratoga Springs Heritage Area Visitor Center or the Saratoga City Center. You can also vote online at discoversaratoga.org/vote.
- While you're there, purchase your official Chowderfest tee-shirt for just $10 (XXL-$12). Limited beanies will also be for sale for $5.
- See if your favorites were winners by attending the awards ceremony at the Heritage Visitor Center at 6:30 p.m.
- Check out Winterfest for more great events before and after Chowderfest!
Wondering what it's like? See past photos of Chowderfest here »
Watch the 2012 Chowderfest video right here!