2020 Saratoga Chowderfest Parking, Restrictions, and Shuttle Routes
Afraid to brave the crowds at Saratoga Chowderfest? Don't worry! Whether you're planning on parking in downtown Saratoga or are interested in an alternative option, our guide to navigating Chowderfest has you covered.
Parking Options in Downtown Saratoga
Parking in downtown Saratoga can be an issue at Chowderfest because of how popular the event has become. If you don't want to park far away from the festivities, then you should arrive early and carpool to save time and effort.
If you are willing to drive through downtown Saratoga to find a parking spot, here are your best options:
Woodlawn Avenue Garage - Located on Woodlawn Avenue between Division Street and Church Street is a four-level parking garage. The outside lot, ground level, and ramp offer three-hour parking from 9:00am-6:00pm. The upper levels have a 24-hour parking limit.
Putnam Street Garage - The Putnam Street Garage is located at the southern end of Putnam Street. The lower level offers three-hour parking from 9:00am-6:00pm, and the upper level offers 24-hour parking except for the spaces immediately adjacent to the restaurant (the northernmost spaces), which are three-hour parking. There is no parking for any spaces from 11:00pm-6:00am, November 1 - April 1, so plowing can be done overnight.
Walton Street Garage - A free public parking garage is located at the intersection of Woodlawn Avenue and Walton Street, just west of Broadway. This garage is available for parking for 24 hours on the ground level for all spaces north of the entrance.
Street Parking - Parking is available along most of Broadway and on side streets. However, be aware of any two-hour parking signs and Chowderfest parking restrictions, as seen below.
The following streets will be closed from around 10:30am-4:30pm on Saturday, February 1, 2020, unless otherwise indicated.
- Caroline Street - From Broadway to Henry Street
- Henry Street - From Lake Avenue to Caroline Street
- Pavilion Row - From Lake Avenue to Caroline Street (access to Pavilion Grand Hotel only)
- Putnam Street - From the Public Library to Spring Street (closes at 11:00am, access to Parking Garage remains available)
- Phila Street - Putnam Street to Henry Street
- Phila Street - From Broadway to Putnam Street (closes at 12:00pm, or once upper parking deck of Putnam Street Parking Garage is filled)
- Gardner Lane - From Broadway to Putnam Street (Residents access only)
- Ellsworth Jones Pl - From Broadway to Maple Avenue
- Short Alley closed at Henry Street
The following parking restrictions will be in effect during Saratoga Chowderfest:
- Caroline Street - No parking on both sides of the street from Broadway to Henry Street
- Putnam Street (Maple Avenue) - No parking on both sides of the street from Lake Avenue to Spring Street
- Henry Street - No parking on both sides of the street from Lake Avenue to Caroline Street
- Pavilion Row - No parking on both sides of the street from Lake Avenue to Caroline Street
- Phila Street - No parking on both sides of the street from Putnam Street to Henry Street
- Ellsworth Jones Pl - No parking on both sides of the street from Broadway to Maple Avenue
- Broadway - No parking on the west side of the street from Division Street to Druthers
(Tow Zone will be strictly enforced on Maple Avenue near the Olde Bryan Inn)
Park & Ride Shuttles
Need help traveling around downtown Saratoga during Chowderfest? There will be two Park & Ride Shuttles from 10:00am-6:00pm on February 1, 2020.
Wilton Mall - Park at Wilton Mall near Dick's Sporting Goods, and then the shuttle will take you to the corner of High Rock Avenue and Lake Avenue by the Hampton Inn.
Saratoga Casino Hotel - This shuttle will pick you up at the Saratoga Casino Hotel on Crescent Avenue near the entrance of the CDTA/MegaBus parking area. Then, the shuttle will take you to Congress Park.