HATTIE’S™ To Honor Long-Time Employee Family At 80th Anniversary Celebration
SARATOGA SPRINGS – Well, now – if you ever wanted to clink glasses and enjoy a drink with Sal; break (corn)bread with Llona and Annette; or sit around the table and reminisce with Jaime, Hillary, Mike, Maryann and Trunks…. my friend, Sunday, June 10 is your day.
Because that is the day that these long-time employees of Hattie’s Restaurant (45 Phila Street) take off their aprons, leave the kitchen and slide out from behind the bar to assume the well-deserved role as honored guests at this landmark’s 80th Anniversary Celebration. This will occur from 11 am – 4 pm.
“We couldn’t think of a nicer way to share Hattie’s 80th Anniversary then to honor our long-term employees who have helped keep Hattie’s alive all these years!” states co-owner Beth Alexander.
Indeed, many of these employees have worked multiple jobs during their tenure at Hattie’s. Here’s a hospitality honor roll:
– Brian George “Trunks” (18 years) has worked every position in the restaurant, starting out as a dishwasher, working in the kitchen as a cook, then in the front of the house as a busser, (a brief stint as a waiter) and then moving into his current positions as a bartender.
– Hillary Takahashi (18 years) started out as a busser and has held the positions of host, waitress, manager, general manager to her current position of Operations Manager and lead Book Keeper for both restaurants.
– Llona Hogan (11 years) joined the team in 2007 and does dual work as lead waiter and Hattie’s Director of Catering. Llona has helped grow Hattie’s Catering Company into the success it is today!
– Maryann Kelleher (11 years) is an integral part of the waitstaff as well as a lead caterer in Hattie’s Catering Company. She is also Hattie’s organizer.
– Sal Porterfield (13 years) is the beloved lead bartender who has helped build Hattie’s bar business by making the best mojitos in town!
– Mike Gay (17 years) is the long-time chef who is the voice of reason and calm.
– Jaime Diaz (16 years) actually worked VERY briefly as a waiter, he has fallen into his role as Lead Host, lead caterer and all-around Hattie’s ambassador nicely.
– Annette VanDeWater was trained by Beth Alexander when Beth was the manager at Hattie’s prior to purchasing it. Always ready with a smile, a hug and a laugh, she is their longest employee (23 years!) and loved by staff and customers alike.
Offerings will include, $1.80 per piece of chicken, special anniversary menu, Hattie’s raw bar and $5 Hattie’s Hurricanes. The event is open to the public and fun for all ages.
Entertainment will be provided by Becky Walton + Mike Steiner.
There will be a short award ceremony at 1 pm.
Happy birthday to the best lookin’ 80 year-old we know!
No reservations. For more information call 518.584.4790. Hattie’s website is Right HERE
May 30, 2018