Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash, peeled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add squash and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender.
- Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. Return blended squash to pot. Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper, to taste.
« Back to Holiday Recipes
« Back to Holiday Inspiration
« Back to Saratoga Holiday Guide