Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs
Skidmore College is a private, four-year liberal arts college in Saratoga Springs, NY. Founded in 1903 by Lucy Skidmore Scribner, the school originated as a women's college and went coed in 1971.
Today Skidmore enrolls about 2,500 students and offers degrees in over 40 academic departments. The college is a ten-minute walk from downtown Saratoga Springs and a three-hour drive from New York City, Boston and Montreal.
815 North Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
The Tang At Skidmore
Skidmore's rich art scene thrives at the Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery. This center serves as a valuable learning resource for students of Skidmore College as well as a funky art and entertainment hotspot for the Saratoga community.
The Tang is open to the public free of charge, offering tours and magnificent art exhibits year round. Live music adds to the enriching culture at the Tang, as this venue features the "UpBeat On The Roof" music series in the summer. During this series, the rooftop of the Tang at Skidmore is transformed into a stage and plays host to an array of performing artists and music groups on Friday nights.
Arthur Zankel Music Center
The Zankel Music Center plays host to the Skidmore College Music Department as well as public concerts, lectures, and other events. The wide, bright atrium welcomes guests to the Helen Filene Ladd Concert Hall, an acoustically pristine space for both small and large audiences. The Zankel Center is one of the first buildings Skidmore College guests see upon arrival to the main entrance of the campus.
Janet Kinghorn Bernhard Theater
Skidmore College's largest auditorium is the Janet Kinghorn Bernhard Theater building, which is located behind the Zankel Music Center on the Skidmore campus. The building features the larger Thrust Theater and the flexible Studio (Black Box) Theater, which seats between eighty and one hundred audience members.
The Skidmore College campus is located on 1,200 acres of land. 300 acres of this large area is the North Woods forest. This treasure of flora and fauna is home to complex ecosystems, lending an academic resource to the natural sciences and other fields of study. The North Woods area is host to recreational and co-curricular activities like hiking, meditation, and more.
Upcoming Events at Skidmore
- Upbeat on the Roof with Decoda
Thursday, Jul 18, 2019
- Decoda - Skidmore Chamber Music Student Performance
Friday, Jul 19, 2019
- Family Saturday: Connecting Sound, Color and Movement
Saturday, Jul 20, 2019
- Curator's Tour with Rebecca McNamara
Tuesday, Jul 23, 2019
- Upbeat on the Roof with Annie and the Hedonists
Thursday, Jul 25, 2019
- Family Saturday: Funky Storyboards
Saturday, Jul 27, 2019
- Behind-the-scenes Tour with Molly Channon
Tuesday, Jul 30, 2019
- Upbeat on the Roof with Joan Kelsey's Silver Lining
Thursday, Aug 1, 2019
- Family Saturday: Out of This World!
Saturday, Aug 3, 2019
- Spotlight Series: Selection of Posters by Dyke Action Machine! with Bridget Kerr
Tuesday, Aug 6, 2019
- Upbeat on the Roof with And Other Poems
Thursday, Aug 8, 2019
- Family Saturday: What a Relief!
Saturday, Aug 10, 2019
- Spotlight Series: Phyllis Galembo's Claudette, Rara, Artibonite, Haiti with E.B. Sciales
Tuesday, Aug 13, 2019
- Upbeat on the Roof with Red Haired Strangers
Thursday, Aug 15, 2019
- Curator's Tour with Ian Berry
Tuesday, Aug 20, 2019
- Off the Shelf with Richard Russo - Chances Are... at Skidmore College - Tickets Required
Wednesday, Aug 21, 2019
- Upbeat on the Roof with bell's roar
Thursday, Aug 22, 2019
- 2nd Annual Dan Provost Memorial Walk
Saturday, Oct 5, 2019