Lots to check out during this school break week! Start at the go! Museum and finish up at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga for their Wizarding Workshop with tons of fun in between!
1. On Tuesday, April 10th check out School Break Spring Celebrations: Ukrainian Pysanky Designs at go! Where Children Discover The World, 89 Warren St. in Glens Falls. The program runs from 10am till 12pm and the recommended ages are 5-12. Kids will learn to design and paint pysanky, traditional Ukrainian Easter eggs. Cost: $5 museum admission fee and includes the program, registration recommended. Call 518-793-2773 for details and registration.
2. Also on Tuesday, from 2-3pm at the Saratoga Springs Public Library the Schenectady Theater for Children presents Androcles and the Lion. For More Information Call: 518-584-7860 opt. 3. Admission is free.
3. On Wednesday, April 11th from 9am to 3pm The Hyde Collection in Glens Falls has Design it/Build it – A Terrific Toy Emporium. Take an artistically magical journey with instructor Joel Jacko, BOCES Project Enrich. Build a complete toy store; create a variety of toys, displays, advertizing, and signage in the Art Studio. Learn the use of tools and mechanical engineering skills. Limit: 12. Call 518-792-1761, ext. 27 for registration and details. $45 members; $55 non-members; $10 materials fee. For More Information Call: 518-792-1761
4. On Thursday, April 12th head to the Wilton Wildlife Preserve for their Field Ecology Walk from 1-2pm. For more information call 518-450-0321.
5. Join them on Friday, April 13th at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga for their Wizarding Workshop! Drop in any time from 1 – 2:30 pm and explore the wizarding world of Harry Potter! Kids will make their own wands with different magical cores, brew a strong (tasty and sugary) truth potion, and decorate Marauders Maps. $3 per child, pre-registration required. Appropriate for kids ages 6 – 12.