A great deal for date night, a compelling documentary to check out, the Chef Challenge and some fabulous Mother’s Day specials are all on tap for this week, check it out!
1. Plan your date night for Tuesday this week because on Tuesday night (May 8th) at Wheatfields Restaurant & Bar in Saratoga, it’s 1/2 Price Bottles of Wine when Two of you Dine! Purchase two entrees and receive 50% off of your bottle of wine. What a great way to take advantage of Wheatfields Restaurant & Bar’s Wine Spectator Award winning Wine List! For More Information Call: 518-587-0534.
2. On Thursday, May 10th check out the Big Brothers Big Sisters of The Capital Region Chef Challenge! Saratoga vs Albany at 6pm at the Hampton Inn in Saratoga Springs. The Capital Region is home to some great eats that’s for sure, but what happens when you put Albany vs. Saratoga in a battle of the chefs? On May 10th, we will find out as two top chefs from the Capital Region, Chef AJ Jayapal of The Brown Derby in Albany and Chef John Ireland from Panza’s in Saratoga Springs, take sides and compete for the title and the chance to defend their title next year! In addition, area restaurants will be showcasing their cuisine. Guests in attendance will receive complimentary wine, champagne and desserts and will have an opportunity to vote for their favorite – People’s Choice Award – from among the restaurants. Proceeds will benefit Big Brother Big Sisters of the Capital Region. General Reservations will be $50 per person and Honorary Committee reservations will be $100 per person. For more information please call Jami Thompson 862-1250 ext. 21. Cost: General Reservations $50 per person / Honorary Committee $100 per person.
3. On Saturday, May 12th from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM check out the Razimus Jewelry Launch Party at Violet’s & Stella’s of Saratoga! Enter to win a custom piece of Razimus Jewelry when you attend the launch party. For an additional chance to win, shop with your mom (celebrate all Moms this Mother’s Day weekend) and you both can enter together for an additional chance to win! 518 Backspin Entertainment will be spinning from 2pm-5pm. Come join the fun! You can also enjoy a free magnetic Stackable bracelet (a $28 value) with your Razimus Jewelry purchase over $50!
4. Sunday is Mothers’ Day! Bring the whole family to the Mothers Day Brunch at Saratoga National. Cost: $38 adults, $18 kids ages 5 to 10. Brunch buffet 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. A-la-carte dinner 5 to 9:30 p.m
5. You can also have a special dinner for Mom at the Mother’s Day Dinner at Maestro’s. Maestro’s at the Van Dam will be offering a 3 course dinner for $35 with children’s items for $8. For More Information Call: (518) 580-0312.