It’s benefit season in Saratoga and this week we’ve got some great events for amazing causes. Polo by Twilight, Fire and Ice, Studio Prime and a special benefit on Sunday for a local girl battling cancer. Round out the top fives with the Opening Night of the Philadelphia Orchestra at SPAC and you’ve got a fantastic week in the Spa City.
1. On Tuesday, July 31st the Saratoga Polo Association will once again host the Annual “Polo by Twilight” benefit starting at 5:30pm. The benefit is held to raise funds for scholarships at Skidmore College. The event will include a gourmet dinner, live and silent auctions, and of course, a twilight polo match. The food will be prepared by the chefs of the Skidmore Dining Services. For reservations, call 580-5619. Tickets are $125, with “junior level” prices available at $75 for ages 27 and younger, and $95 for ages 28-35. Proceeds from the event will go to the Joseph and Anne T. Palamountain Scholarhip Fund, named after the college’s fouth president and wife. Joseph was president from 1965-87, and Anne established the polo benefit in 1979, remaining involved to this day. For More Information Call: 518-580-5619.
2. This Wednesday, August 1st is the Saratoga Hospital Foundation Summer Benefit Auction starting at 6pm at the Polo Meadows, Saratoga Casino & Raceway. The event promises to be a magical evening of music, food, and an open bar…all in the name of charity! This year’s theme is Fire and Ice and will raise money for an upcoming hospital project: a Community Health Resource Center. Enjoy an exciting evening with a Live Auction with Fasig-Tipton Auctioneers, Silent Auction, live music and much more! A ticket purchased for $150 will provide you with hors d’oeuvres, a buffet, as well as an open bar. The night promises to be an enjoyable evening with good company while at the same time helping a worthy cause. For More Information Call: (518) 583-8340.
3. Also on Wednesday it is the Opening Night for the Philadelphia Orchestra at Saratoga Performing Arts Center starting at 8pm. Stephane Deneve is the Conductor with Garrick Ohlsson Piano. The program includes TCHAIKOVSKY Piano Concerto No. 1 op. 23, B-Flat minor and RACHMANINOFF Symphony No. 2 op. 27, E minor. For More Information Call: (518) 584-9330.
4. On Saturday, August 4th head to Saratoga National Golf Club for Studio Prime A Disco Inferno, a fundraiser for Medical Missions For Children, honoring Bruce Mosler. Guests will spend an evening overlooking the beautiful greens at Saratoga National while enjoying food by Prime at Saratoga National and an open bar.Then, dance the night away with music by The Dennis Collins Band and singer Joe Cerisano. The Dennis Collins Band has performed and recorded with Whitney Houston, Diana Ross, Roberta Flack, Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin and Beyoncé, and featured Singer Joe Cerisano is an acclaimed singer, songwriter, and producer who has one of the most familiar voices in America.This event is sure to be a great time for a more than worthy cause. These doctors and dentists take time to give back to those in need. Please help support them on their mission to make a difference. For more information and ticket reservations please contact Margie Rotchford at MMFCStudioprime@yahoo.com or call the MMFC office at 508-697-5821.
5. Bring the whole family to a benefit to support seventeen-year-old Dionna Soto, a Saratoga Springs High School student who is battling cancer. The event is set for 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 5, at the Eagles Club at 323 Crescent Ave. in Saratoga Springs. Admission is $10 per adult or $20 per family. The day will include entertainment, a pie-eating contest, a bouncy bounce and bouncy slides, 50/50 raffles, a silent auction, children’s activities and food and drinks.