This week we’ve got some opportunities for kids to sing and dance, park play time with Toga Tots, a sign language concert, Family Night at SPAC and the Saratoga Arts Celebration!
1. Head to the Saratoga Springs Public Library for Children’s Songs & Singing Games on Wednesday, August 15th from 11am-12pm. Performer Roger Tincknell engages audiences through participatory songs and singing games. Children sing, dance, move, and imitate animals while exploring languages and cultures. Join us for this highly interactive program. No registration is necessary. For all ages. Free admission. For More Information Call: 518-584-7860.
2. Also on Wednesday check out Kelly Park Play Time With Toga Tots from 10:30-11:30am at Kelly Park in Ballston Spa. Admission is free to join the Toga Tots Meet up Group at Kelly Park for fresh air! It’s a great park for kids of all ages to play. Bring a lunch and eat at the park. It is sure to be a great time and a good nap for all. Event is canceled in case of rain.
3. At the Saratoga Springs Public Library on Thursday bring the kids to the Flying Fingers Sign Language Concert from 11am-12pm. Enjoy a sign language performance by The Flying Fingers Sign Language Troupe. Sponsored by the Association for the Hearing Impaired, the group is made up of children ages 6-16. They will entertain you with a variety of songs and teach some simple signs so you can “sing-along.” No registration is necessary. For ages five and up. For More Information Call: 518-584-7860.
4. It’s Family Night at SPAC on Friday, August 17th with The Philadelphia Orchestra – The Best is Yet to Come: Sinatra and Beyond. The program features Steven Reineke Conductor, Tony DeSare Vocal/Piano, and Montego Glover Vocal. “The Best Is Yet To Come”, “New York, New York”, “The Lady Is A Tramp”, “I’ve Got You Under My Skin”, “Kiss” (Prince), “Fire” (Springsteen), “”I Love A Piano”, “Fly Me to the Moon”, “Moon River”, plus many more favorites. For More Information Call: (518) 584-9330. Get there early for more family fun from 6-8!
5. On Saturday, August 18th and Sunday, August 19th head to the Saratoga Spa State Reflecting Pool Lawn for the Saratoga Arts Celebration from 10am to 5pm. The 4th Annual Festival of Visual and Performing arts features over 100 artists. Admission is free for this family friendly. There will be over 100 juried artists exhibiting representing fine quality in all media. Works in sculpture, paintings, photography, ceramics, jewelry, fiber, wood and mixed media will be represented by the artists. Live music, dance performances and a food court will provide family friendly entertainment for all through out the weekend. The festival and parking are free. For More Information Call: 518 893-2633.